Welcome to the forum

Saturday 18th March - 9.30am club ride

edited March 2017 in Club runs
Hmmmm, mild but windy tomorrow

So how about this spring classic route, def got a bit of a Belgian feel to it :)

Ashwell-Barkway-Lincoln Hill-Puckeridge-Westmill-Buntingford-Sandon-Ashwell

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/929798255

Might also do a mini Kemmelberg deviation from Buntingford to Cromer via Throcking......

See you in the morning

Comments

• edited March 2017
    Thx All
    Aching and tired, but I'm home safe. Think it's going to be some while before I'm race-fit, but hey, I guess the crash could have been worse. At least I'm still capable of riding a bike! Baby steps
  • edited March 2017
    Bit down on numbers this Saturday - think a few of the regulars we recovering from the 3 cafes epic the day before.

So seven of us set off from the Tuns to do battle with the headwinds & 7 became 8 when we picked up Alan in Therfield. Not sure if it was genius route planning, or just plain luck but we managed to do most of the ride with a cross or tailwind - phew !

Very Belgian route indeed - had it all apart from cobbles. We even added on the mini Kemmelburg deviation at the end to go completly moules frites

After various peel-offs we were left with 3 Dave's and 1 Emma for the windup down the slip end road. Only ever going to be one outcome here, so it was Dave's 1 Emma 0 :)

So final tally was 41 @ 16.5 - thanks all for a great morning. Good to hear that you made it back ok Jane, hope the back isn't too sore today