Welcome to the forum

Hardriders -2017 - Sunday 19th March

Can't believe how quickly this is approaching but this will take place on Sunday 19th March starting at 9.30 on the F14/25 course. Details to follow.

Comments

• Hi James, Is this an open event?

We've entered a 10m on E2 the day before. Looks like a Double header to start the TT season.
  • Where abouts did u enter the ECCA E2? Cant find online entry??
  • Definitely on there Matt

https://cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/find-events

No, Gareth it's just a club event but riders from other clubs always welcome as guests.
  • edited January 2017
    Thanks James, got it and entered. If you want help for the hardriders, let me know...
  • edited January 2017
    3 cafes ride, a 10 on the E2 and a 25 on the classic CCA course on consecutive days. All on my birthday weekend! Better start doing a weather dance now
  • Thanks @JMac.

Plan to ride but happy to help out
  • A reminder that the Hardriders TT is coming up fast. Sunday 19th March. First rider off 9.30am

Register beforehand at Guilden Morden village hall next to the church and Edward VII pub. Which is also the same HQ for all the Wednesday time trials again this summer.
  • Hi, just a reminder for Sundays TT, signing on from about 8.30 at Guilden village hall. Everyone welcome, dont have to be a club member, any bike will do, need to be 12 or older. £4.

Im timekeeping and i think we have David J and J Mac helping out too, but we could do with a marshal on the 1198 and maybe someone to keep an eye on the village hall and fire up the tea urn!

Im keeping an eye on the weather as it looks like it might get very windy on Sunday. Hopefully we will be finished before it gets too bad but it might not be a day for the disc and the 3 spoke!
  • Cheers all, hoping to make it over for this one and catch up with you all.

Hopefully see you there (with my disc and Tri-spoke)
  • Dave and I called by to see the hardriders this morning. I commented that "These people are braver than the elements." Well I didn't so much comment as bellow at the top of my voice to be heard over the raging wind.

I hope everyone got round safely.
  • edited March 2017
    Yes, moved the date especially and I was very glad to have decided not to ride. Sorry I couldn't hang around to catch up more.

I suppose you could say we were lucky - cold/wet/wind/fog - we only got one! Well done everyone, I'm looking forward to seeing all the results.
  • edited March 2017
    Well done to all today, proper blowy out there and i was a little concerned with all the disc wheels and tri spokes but all good and no hedge extractions. A couple of DNF's both punctures i think. Nice to see all the SNCC lads, and Simon rather bravely/foolishly rode a single speed!
    Super rides by Luke and Bryn to get under the hour today. Impressive.

L Danckert 58.42 ACRT
    B Davies 59.36 OUCC
    C Potter 1.00.04
    G Davies 1.02.06
    J Field 1.03.00
    B Ronayne 1.03.32
    M Lawless 1.04.24
    D Lindsay 1.05.04 SNCC
    C Green 1.06.56 SNCC
    R Weltz 1.07.10 Trident
    M Greenhow 1.07.19 SNCC
    S Owens 1.07.23 SNCC
    M Constable 1.08.14
    G Smith 1.10.42 SNCC
    R Sedgewick 1.10.53 Freedom Tri
    S Field 1.12.29
    R Bumstead 1.13.49
    E Koppe 1.14.09
    S Dixon 1.14.19
    G Lewis 1.14.42
    S Richardson 1.19.27 SNCC
    R Lawrence 1.23.04
    A Normanton 1.23.43
    C Luggeri DNF
    D Wilson DNF

• Thanks James, Tim and Dave for the organizing/time keeping/pushing off. And thanks Tim for asking if I was alright before the start. Got my head in the game for the ride!
  • Thanks to all that helped out, lovely to get back for a cup of tea as well, great stuff Mark.
    Great to catch up too, see you all soon
  • Echoing Chris' thanks. Easy to moan when taking part but must have been harder for you three.

Story of my weekend, consistently 2 mins behind Chris.
  • Thanks all for organising / officiating - hope you didn't get too cold. Very blowy out there couldn't stay on the aeros in the crosswind but cracking speeds on the fast straight. 5 QOM :-). Great turn out as well.
    Jackie
  • Thanks to those who made it happen and for the words of encouragement from everyone who passed.......... at least I got back before it was dark!

Cheers

Simon
  • Thanks to all the timekeepers and marshals: much appreciated. And special thanks to Stuart F who yelled at me when he saw me motioning to turn left wrongly at Toll Bar. Oxygen depleted mental idiocy.

I saw Jackie get out of the aero bars and copied. Impossible to handle the crosswinds otherwise. Disc wheels?? Brave!

Good to catch up with folk afterwards. Top biscuits selection at HQ. Great training plan Robert!

Cheers.
  • Congrats to all who rode today - definitely hard rider conditions today !!

No idea how those with disc wheels managed to stay on the road either. I was having problems just holding onto the clipboard at the start :)

Well done all, and some amazing times considering the conditions.
  • Yes thanks Tim, David, James and Mark for time keeping, pushing off, signs, tea etc.
    Well done to all, some great times in horrid conditions.

My time 5 mins down on last year. I sat down with my coach to go through the "numbers" afterwards. We both agreed I'd been hitting the "numbers" in training, but didnt hit the "numbers" during the race. Some careful analysis concluded 3 minutes was lost due to the absolutely horrid wind, 1 minute down to an irresponsible training ride on Friday (117 miles, 6000 feet climbing and too much coffee and cake), and 1 minute down to too much red wine last night. Even worse I didnt have a TUE for the red wine. Will try harder next time.
  • I didn't have a problem with the rear disc... Probably due to the extra kilos. The 60 front was a challenge. I'm sure MC had fun with the mega deep profile/sail front he was riding.
  • Thanks Mark, David, James and Tim for the help - it's always a pleasure to come back to a CCA event.

FWIW I didn't find the rear disc a problem. The 4 spoke on the front was fine apart from in the crosswinds going down the ramp after the start. That bit was slightly sketchy.