Welcome to the forum

Ride London - Team entry

The same scheme is running again this year for team entry into the Pru Ride London 100 Sunday 30th July
Details below. Post here if you are interested in team entry. Depending on interest we can then decide whether to register teams / how many etc. I wont be entering personally but happy to co-ordinate as entry has to be done by a club official.

"We are again offering British Cycling affiliated clubs the chance to apply for team entries for this 100-mile event. Team categories are all men, all women or mixed (two men and two women) – you must specify the number of teams you want in each category when you apply.

Applications will open week commencing 27 February 2017.

There are places for 300 teams in the British Cycling Club Challenge. If the demand from clubs for team entries is greater than the available places, entries will be awarded on a proportional basis, based on the number of British Cycling members at each club followed by a random draw, if required.

For those clubs who are successful in their application, each rider within the team must pay their own entry fee (£69) and complete their own online entry form.

Unlike in previous years, clubs who had a team riding in the previous event will NOT be guaranteed a team in this year’s event, however the more paid-up British Cycling members your club has, the higher your chances of a team or teams gaining entry into the event.

Please note:
A team comprises four riders
Every rider in a team must be a current British Cycling member
Teams can comprise four men or four women or a mixed team of two men and two women
Riders who hold an Elite or Category 1 British Cycling Race Licence are not eligible to enter the Club Challenge
Riders who have already secured an individual place through the original entry ballot or a charity place are not eligible to enter the Club Challenge"

Comments

• Stef, missed out on the ballot for the third year in a row so count me in
  • I've missed out on the ballot for the 5th consecutive year, so I'd like enter, please.
  • Yeah I'm keen, will join BC if I'm accepted!
  • Hi, I'm keen and can join BC if accepted. Mike
  • Applications were supposed to open yesterday - I chased them up today - all sounds rather vague and a bit cryptic! Anyway will keep checking and enter a team when I can.

"Applications will open at some point this week –
    The closing of applications is still TBC. This will be confirmed when applications are open."
  • entries now open. have entered 1 team of 4.
    PaulH, BrendanR, ChrisP and Banistmi.

Will see how we get on - should hear by 24th March.
  • Hi Stef, Thanks for taking care of this. Do we need to do anything now, or just wait until March 24?
    Thanks, Brendan
  • Nothing to do now. Have to wait until 24 March to find out if we have a team place.
    If so then will get details on how to enter.
  • Hi Stef, Thanks for including me. I'm afraid I'll have to pull out though - I've just been invited to a close friend's wedding in Ireland that weekend. Terrible timing but I doubt they'll move it just so I can go on a bike ride! Mike
  • Hi - team entry was successful so we have 1 team of 4 male riders.
    PaulH, BrendanR, ChrisP + 1 more

Anyone else interested to take the 4th place?
    If not Paul/Brendan/Chris you will have to try and find someone - you need 4 people to be able to enter. No problem if it is a mate/someone outside the club.

They will send entry links in the next few weeks and I'll forward them on to you.
  • Thanks Stef. Let's give someone from the club a change first. But I'm sure we will be able to find someone interested.
  • Great news! really excited
  • If there is a place going, I would like the opportunity in riding this as it would give me a incentive to get off my lard arse and train ;-)
  • Yes there is a place - Shelton - go for it.
    I'll forward entry details when I get them.
  • I've got the entry details... it's complicated!

Chris P / Brendan / Paul H - can you email me at stef@ccashwell.com so i have your email addresses. then when i've entered the team as an administrator you'll get details sent direct to you.

Shelton - I have your email...

Thanks
  • Done, cheers
  • Ok, I've set up the team so you should all get an email now with details on how to enter.
    You have until 5pm on 28th April to complete entry and pay.
    Any problems let me know, cheers.
  • Done. Thanks Stef
  • Royston Cycling Club have one space for a female rider on a team entry to Ride London. This is a mixed team, and they currently have enough men, but only one woman.

You need to be a British Cycling member, and would need to join Royston Cycling Club (£10, and it's not just a recruitment drive, honest). You also need to fund the place. You don't have to ride as a team.

Lastly, and most urgently, they need to know by this FRIDAY 28th!

If anyone is interested, send me a message with some contact details and I will pass them on.

James