Welcome to the forum

Inter Club 15 - Sunday 18th June 8am - startsheet available

edited June 2017 in Time Trial
The booking for the first Interclub event is now open and available online:

To enter you will need to Register

then you can enter here

Booking closes on Thursday 15th at noon.

Comments

• GWDGWD
    edited May 2017
    6 from the 9 currently entered are CCA riders

Is this the same course as last year? I only ask as last year was 1Z/15 and this one says 1Y/15.
  • I'll get my second claim renewed and lend a hand riding at these events if that's okay?
  • Great news Luke, thanks
  • James is there a way to request a lateish start time as I'll be riding over from Royston, long distance training dictates 5 hours riding so can chuck the race in the middle, but would help with some rest!
  • I will sort this out so you are as late as possible.
  • edited June 2017
    Event information and provisional start times available:

book-to-ride.com/BRCC/Register/spoco_startsheets_2017.php

CCA looking very strong with 17 riders.

08:19 Emma Koppe
    08:20 Janet Bassett
    08:23 Jennifer Andrews
    08:31 Mark Constable
    08:32 Carmelo Luggeri
    08:33 James Mckenzie
    08:40 Steven Jennings
    08:42 Martin Lawless
    08:44 James Davis
    08:46 Gareth Davies
    08:48 Matthew Scales
    08:49 Brendan Ronayne
    08:53 Andrew Richards
    08:55 Luke Danckert
    08:58 Jason Stuart
    08:59 Chris Potter
    09:00 Justin Layne
  • 18 June, 2017 - InterClub 15 - Cardington Sheds > Meppershall and back:

Course : 1Z/15
    The 1Z/15 starts on the A600 at the entrance to Cardington Airship Sheds, 100m south of Shortstown.

Proceed ESE on A600 then SE on A507 for a total of 7.5 miles, taking the 2nd exit of first 2 roundabouts and turn at the 3rd roundabout (Shefford/Meppershall with Tesco Garage) and retrace the route to finish opposite the start.

Caution: Poor surface southbound on 1st roundabout. Keep left of rumble strips at Haynes crossroads, southbound and northbound. Note that there will be no marshalls and no signposts as this is a simple route, so familiarise yourself with the route before the event.

Getting to and from the start, via the BRCC HQ
    Route marked in green on map. Allow 15 mins. Note that you MUST NOT turn right into Harrowden Lane when you go back to the club, you MUST go north to the RBT and make your turn there.

See map of 1Z/15

This event is being organised by Beds Road Cycling Club, for and on behalf of CTT, under their rules and regulations.
    We recommend the use of a bright red flashing tail light and of a hard shell helmet. A helmet is mandatory for riders under 18, as is a parental consent form, please bring a signed form with you if you are under 18 and haven't already submitted a form this year.

Sign on at BRCC HQ from 07:15. Entry fee £4.00 or £5.00 for PTT. No changes of start time will be allowed except for reserves or PTT taking DNS slots.

Obey the rules of the road.

Please be considerate to our neighbours and be as quiet as possible - this is a very early Sunday morning event! No shouting, loud discussions, slamming of doors etc. If you want to hold a conversation in the village before 9am, please do so inside the clubhouse.

Please park considerately and do not obstruct any farm gates or property entrances in Cardington.

The entrance to Cardington sheds on the A600 is in use by contractors so keep the entrance road as clear as possible. Congregate at the side of the road to avoid being hit by a vehicle turning into the entrance.

No warming up on the course route itself - this is a CTT rule and you will be disqualified if you are seen warming up on the route once the event is in progress.

Do not ask the finish timekeeper for your time during the event - instead go back to the club house where results will be displayed on the screen.

Reserves:
    Reserves are shown on the start sheet as starting number 200.
    They will be given places of any DNS Riders who advise us of their DNS before Sunday 18 June. I will update this online start sheet accordingly, so keep an eye on it for changes.

PLEASE - If you find you cannot take part in the event, let us know immediately so we can offer your place to the reserves.
    If you just don't turn up, without letting us know, and the reserves miss out on a ride, we and they will not be happy.
  • edited June 2017
    Please could all CCA riders observe the following note on the start sheet:

"You MUST NOT turn right into Harrowden Lane when you go back to the club, you MUST go north to the RBT and make your turn there."

thanks

Live (provisional) results will be available online at:

http://book-to-ride.com/BRCC/Register/IC15_results.php

Looking forward to being a non-counter tomorrow but hopefully I can still push counting riders from rival clubs down the list.

See you all in the morning, bright and fairly early!

• @JMac don't assume you'll be a non-counter after seeing @MC 's facebook status about cheap craft beer in letchworth tonight. :awesome:
  • edited June 2017
    Amazing performances all round today on a sweltering June morning, still awaiting official results, however with 8 to count today (the minimum) CCA top 8 were all in the top 10!! (first Beds rider came in 11th).

A big thanks for everyone for turning up (top 8 or not) you all make a difference. The event was won by Justin with an awesome time of 31:39

• Great to see the CCA guys in force. Thanks Martin for the loan of the tyre.

@JMac you've guilt tripped me into entering the next one. It won't be fast though.
  • Great CCA turnout today and I'm glad it wasn't an afternoon start as we might have all melted! Great result for CCA ladies as well as I think we got 1st, 2nd and maybe 4th :-)
  • Did anyone get a snap of the results as whilst i didnt exactly have a stormer of a ride i certainly didnt average 1.7mph and come 55th!
  • Hi James. Yep - I snapped the results from the projector. You're not on there. I'd submit your Strava time.

I think the time-keeper was having a few issues in the heat. It's the first time I've ever seen one completely forget to tell a rider to go. And when Steve had his start, he just got a 'Go!' out of nowhere.
  • edited June 2017
    James, the results are now showing you with a time of 37:41. Does this sound correct? But now there is a rider from HNCC in 1st place with a 27:06! And I know he didn't do that, because I passed him out on course (my 2-minute man). Actually 37:06 sounds more like it.

Can someone explain how the points system works in the IC competition?
    Thanks
  • GWDGWD
    edited June 2017
  • Brendan, if you want to know about the points you'll need to book a 45 minute appointment with JMac and take some beers with you. You may need them.

Also, some great times this season, you're really flying!
  • Thanks Will. I'm feeling more comfortable on the new bike now so hopefully I will see some more improvements.

The points system interests me and puzzles me in equal measure!
  • edited June 2017
    I'll give it a go... I'm sure JMac can correct me...

1. Every rider 'scores' their position (I think in reverse. i.e. in a 50 rider race, 1st place gets 50 points).
    2. Each club scores their best 8 riders total points in a race.
    3. The 9th, 10th etc other riders in each Club help by effectively demoting the points of other riders positioned beneath them in other Clubs.
    4. The Championship is decided by simply totalling all the 8 rider points. This is important to note: as poor turnout can totally scupper chances for the Champs. Last year, we won 3 of the 5 events; but still finished 2nd place because in one event we had a low turnout and scored peanuts - making it a mountain too hard to climb. Like the Galibier.
  • Thanks All - Strava says 37:34 and i am usually faster in this timing format than the real world so its about right.
  • Quite clearly there is still a lot of verification to do on the timings, I have already emailed the chap handling it about a number of anomalies (including your 700 plus minutes James).

To update Martin's post, the points system is a minimum of 8 riders - if the club with the least finishers has more than 8 then it will be however many they have which will count from each club - last year or possibly in 2015 at the IC 10 CCA had 13 riders and that was the minimum from all 5 clubs so all our 13 counted.

By my calculation, and if all the times are corrected for Sunday's race we only dropped 3 points from a possible maximum on the day.
  • Thanks for the explanation. I think I actually understand it!! Apologies for letting someone from another club finish above me. Maximum​ points would have been incredible.