Welcome to the forum

Sat. 3rd June - Intermittent Ride

edited June 2017 in Club runs
Sorry for the late post.
Planning an intermediate ride tomorrow (me, Karen and Martin W up for it)
About 30 miles @ about 15 mph
Will think about the route
Per-ride coffee at Rhubarb
Cheers
Peter

Comments

• Yes, the intermediate ride became the intermittent ride! (According to Martin).
    It was all going so well. Seven out, including Ryan on his first club ride.
    Up Croydon hill and heading towards Gamlingay when we spotted a road closed sign. In the spirt of David's Saturday ride we pressed on. Turns out they were chipping the road. We were let through and told to keep on the the bit that hadn't been done. Bad ( as Trump might say). Kept picking up gravel so got off and carried the bikes for bit.
    Once we got past that we could get on with it again. Past Everton and Sandy RSPB (nice road surface!), through Sutton and back in via Hinxworth.
    Martin did an Emma and set off for the sprint about 5 miles out and won it! But that was Only due to a minor off in the chase group but everyone OK.
    So, 30 mile @ something or other mph.
    Cheers
    Peter
  • Eventful ride.... definitely! No illusions that my early sprint was a real win....as you would have caught me without Nathan's tumble, hope it's not too sore.
  • Thanks for allowing me to join you on the ride guys, thoroughly enjoyable! Have joined the forum here as I have no doubts about joining the club. Thanks all for being so friendly! Ryan