Welcome to the forum

Saturday 10th June 9.30am club ride

Done a lot of southerly and westerly rides recently so how about we go East and do the mini-egg/Saffron walden loop

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1091031348

Ashwell-Slip end-Cromer-Throcking-Buntingford-Clavering-Newport-Debden-S. Walden-Wendens Ambo-Gt Chishill-Barley-Therfield-Ashwell (51 miles)

As PeteT found out last week on Sat and I found out on Sunday lots of road chipping going on at the mo. Let me know if the chipping fairy has been out on this route and we can come up with a plan B

See you tomorrow, fingers crossed for some sunshine !

Comments

• Looks good David - coffee stop at Bicicletta...?
  • or Clavering lakes........?
  • Mid ride coffee stop, radical idea chaps ! Either sounds good, let's decide on route.
  • Echelons at the ready, southerly stiff breeze tomorrow! Like the coffee stop idea (and cake)!
  • Great ride today, and a super coffee stop at Clavering Lakes. Blitzed it off the front as had to get home on time, hope everyone was OK
  • Great turnout yesterday for the spin to Saffron Walden. Breezy was def the word of the day, with wind coming from some direction or other from most of the ride.

Highlight had to be DaveN's excellent suggestion of a stop at Clavering lakes. Most of us had never been there before, but what a great place for a cake stop ! Almost worth taking up fishing :)

Nicely fuelled it was back via Saffron & Great Chishill before a windy run in down from Therfield back to Ashwell

So 57 miles @ 16.5 - thanks all, splendid way to spend a Sat morning.
  • edited June 2017
    Huge ride for what I'm used to at 74 miles. Thanks for guiding me back and for waiting Mike! Ryan