Welcome to the forum

Inter Club 30 - riders needed for Sunday 25th June 8am - book to ride by noon on Tuesday 20th June

edited June 2017 in Time Trial
The booking for the 2nd Interclub event is now open and available online:

To enter you will need to Register

then you can enter here

Ideally we need a minimum of 8 riders and just 3 currently booked!

Booking closes on Tuesday 20th at noon.

Comments

• Hello James. Do you have any details on course, start point etc? I can't find anything on the web. Apols for my ignorance!
  • Here is a map and detailed description of the course from last year's start sheet

https://simdoyle.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/ic30-hncc-2016-start-sheet2.pdf
  • @Andy_R the description is far more confusing than it actually is. I think it was one big loop (through shefford) & two "little" loops. There will plenty of people on route so shouldn't get lost.
  • Thanks chaps! Sadly, I have much potential to get lost, even with Marshalls pointing out the way :-)
  • You'll be grand. I'm riding it. 6 CCA already entered plus i think Justin will enter.

Just need a few more to enter to make sure we build on today's result.

If nothing else, its a good social event with a ride in the middle.
  • I'm in. That makes 9 of us. We could probably do with a few more, just in case of any DNSs, mechanicals, getting lost on course...

It was nice to be part of the team when the results popped up on the projector yesterday. We have a great chance to win this championship, as we will do fine at our 25m TT in July (hopefully!) and we always do well on the Hill Climb.

So this Sunday is quite crucial.

Have a go! Every rider makes a difference. Well done Gareth for registering. His tired NDCA legs will still wallop my best effort.

It was lovely to catch up with everyone yesterday too. The social bit is good.
  • It's a lovely course to ride, one of my favourite time trials! Shame I can't make it, still haven't pinned a number on this year due to work. Also, it's nowhere near as silly to get lost on as people say it is. If you're worried about it go out there in the week and have a ride round it, it's pretty straightforward and the marshals were really helpful last year.
  • Agree @wilburtrump, not sure about favourite (missing at least 2 lanes, smooth tarmac, too many bends and not enough RABs for me!)
  • Despite having 9 cca on the wntry list, we've actually only have 8. My mate from the local tri club entered by mistake and will be a DNS. That means no DNS/F
  • Could i have another late start James as will be riding over again
  • I've put my name down but I wouldn't count on me for much! I'm doing the N&DCA the day before and have no chance at all this week to recce the course and so you may never see me again - i'll be lost in the depths of Old Warden. That's if I even manage to get out of bed in time ;)
  • @Emmak I'm planning on riding this as a training ride after the N&DCA. Don't expect I'll get anywhere near scoring points but deny the other team points... but that may change when i get on the start line.
  • As per J Mac's recommendation I've booked in even though I'm only 50/50 about being able to make it - at least this leaves the door open.
  • I'm the same as you Steve, baby arrival dependant
  • Same here. Really not sure I can make it, but if I can I will.
  • Looks like 13 entered (I also entered Janet which she'll thank me for when she checks her emails), with 4 as potential DNSs.
  • Well done those we raced this morning. Especially Emma racing a challenging 20.9 yesterday and a 30 today coming 3rd & 1st lady.

I think we did ok scrapping 8 riders.

I THINK the positions were:
    2nd Justin Layne 01:08:10 (inc 14 sec penalty)
    4th Chris Potter 01:11:12
    5th Luke Danckert 01:11:13
    6th Steve Jenning 01:11:39
    9th Jason Stuart 01:12:10
    10th Gareth Davies 01:12:55
    15th Martin Lawless 01:15:47
    22ndEmma Koppe (first Lady i think) 01:23:11

We had 6 DNS!
  • Awesome effort all!
  • Great ride by all, a second Chris, come on ;)

Simon Norman was in a different League today, great to see after his crash!
  • Bit squeeky Luke ;) Top work!
  • well done all for your efforts not the easiest of courses either - great results!
    Jackie
  • How did you get on today Jackie? @Stuart F