Welcome to the forum

Fantasy Tour de France - FINAL RESULT

edited July 2017 in General
It's that time of year again and the much sort after CCA Fantasy TdF Trophy is up for grabs once more as well as bragging rights of being the best Directeur Sportif outside of the professional peloton!

Go to velogames.com/

Login/Register and create your team. Once created you can then join the CC Ashwell mini league.

League Name: CC Ashwell
League Code: 228553810

See you in Düsseldorf!

Comments

• 13 teams entered, you still have until lunchtime on Saturday 1st July to submit your entry.

Allez, Allez, Allez
  • In

up to 23 now

Not long to go now

Get those entries in

Froome is expensive
  • Sky looking strong - and with Froome putting a decent chunk of time into the other GC riders, he may well be a good value fantasy pick!
  • Turned the TV on long enough to see my star man Valverde smash through the barriers - whoops...
  • Broken knee for Valverde apparently and race over.

37 teams entered.

Matt P storming ahead with 390 points already with his Sky trio but 11 teams with no score on the board yet. Early days though.
  • edited July 2017
    Still early days but there are over 800 points between 1st and last place (Dan with the Ashwell 9)
    Not sure how things will play out now with no Peter Sagan

For what it is worth I think Cav went to a gap that was not there and is hood actually caught behind Sagans arm causing his ebow to come out. He was already going down before the elbow. Shame :-(
  • Oh yes, the race has begun!

Gloves off, Lawless!
  • Crikey. This might give watching the Tour next Friday in the Garden City Brewery an extra edge. I suspect we're both carrying Walsall's favourite Irishman, Dan Martin, and Bury's best thing since black pudding, Si Yatesy.
  • Valverde Sagan Porte out :-( I'll need to take a different approach next year to building my team
  • edited July 2017
    I think we have an unchallengeable winner (well played Janet) although the battle for 2nd has never been closer. I'm hoping Dan's brother Tony will see me well in tomorrow's TT.
  • My consulting services, which @JPB7 received this year, is availble for hire next year.

Shame I didn't take my own advice.
  • A clear winner in the form of Directeur Sportif Janet Bassett and her Bomber Squadron.

8159 points was enough to see her take a clear and convincing win over Team Pie in the SKY by almost 1400 points.

After an early and commanding lead by Dunton's favourite cycle race team - VisitDunton-AdvancedHairStudio-UmBongo, Bassetts Bombers stayed within watching distance and when the time was right, announced themselves as the dominant force in this years' Fantasy Tour.

Last years winning DS with Pig&Abbot-Rochefort-Smiths Scampi Fries and now DS of VD-AHS-UmBongo, Martin Lawless said "I cannot believe I put all my faith in Luke Durbridge - the guy is a Flaming Galah, I'm gutted"

Bassett's Bombers Queen of cycling tactics, Janet was quoted on the podium in Paris saying "This is unbelievable, It's just like a dream, it doesn't feel real". .. I think she could be right.
  • The Um Bongo boys are feeling a bit sorry for themselves for sure, but have resolved to give it some welly next year with the help of a new sponsorship injection from Swizzles Drumstick Lollipops. They'll certainly not be wanting fast-carbwise next season.

Janet, DS of Bassett's Bombers needs extra respect. She came 106th out of nearly 57,000 teams; putting her in the top 0.2% of entries. Amazing. I'll get the trophy to her asap. Maybe the next club night?

Well done!
  • Always good fun. We'll done everyone.
    Think a special mention should go to DS Dave H. Spoke to him about his very poor choices (lost Vaverde day 1) and he said his aim was to come last. Not just in our league but the whole fantasy league. He did not do that but came a very commendable 53535th putting him in the bottom 2.5%
    Well done Dave
  • LOL you bunch of nutters :-)