Welcome to the forum

Club and Inter club 25 mile Time Trial - Results

edited July 2017 in Time Trial
An excellent morning of time-trialling, unfortunately marred by Jackie's fall which meant she is probably still in A&E being checked over - best wishes from everyone - she was able to finish (probably on adrenaline) and is ladies' club 25 champion once again with a time of 1:01:10.

Also very well done to the 2017 men's champion, Justin who also won the event, with a time of 55:43.

Another great Ashwell team performance - well done everyone and bad luck to Richard G for puncturing when going really well.

IC points as follows

CCA 428
BRCC 385
IRC 272
HNCC 225
SNCC 209

Thank you for all time keeping and marshalling help which all went very smoothly. Also thank you to all those who donated cakes - there are a few refreshments left over which I will bring down for the club 10 on Wednesday.

It was great to see so many club members out today and a special welcome to baby Hazel who seemed oblivious to her Dad's great effort today - well done Luke & Libby.

IC 25 -2017 - Results

CCA riders

1 Justin Layne 00:55:43
2 Luke Danckert 00:58:12
3 Gareth Davies 00:58:31
4 Chris Potter 00:58:35
11 Jason Stuart 01:00:00
16 Brendan Ronayne 01:01:03
17 Jackie Field 01:01:10
22 Martin Lawless 01:01:32
23 Mark Constable 01:02:05
26 James Mckenzie 01:02:43
28 Carmelo Luggeri 01:03:40
31 Stuart Field 01:05:13
32 Gareth Lewis 01:05:15
34 Emma Koppe 01:05:59
35 Noah Field 01:06:37
38 Robert Bumstead 01:08:08
Richard Glover DNF (puncture)
James Dow DNS

Comments

• Best Wishes Jackie. Hope it's not serious. Good result for CCA again. Lets keep it going for the next event.
  • Great work James, another great CCA event and performance to match. I hope you heal up quickly Jackie, to finish after such a heavy fall in such a quick time is incredible.

Some great times across the board on what I would say was a slow day with the wind and air pressure. Gareth is flying at the moment, well done!
  • Oh and Emma, the Chocolate Guinness cake was as good as always!
  • Thanks Luke - glad it didn't disappoint! Good to see Libby and baby Hazel as well :)
  • just back from A&E. Big thank you to Roz and Luke who cleaned me up, Emma for bringing me tea and Carmelo for making me laugh! 7 stitches in the base of one finger but should be out in a week (should be fine for next Saturday then!) few steri strips holding flaps of skin back on my elbow but otherwise feeling OK - probably the gas and air when they were stitching me back up. Well done to all riders - what a great result! I think as a club we are getting stronger and stronger at TT's :-) Thank you again all for your support at the end of the race and well done all!
    Jackie
  • Hope you heal quickly Jackie!

Thanks to all the marshals and to James for organising a great event.

Cheers Luke. Nice ride by yourself especially considering the lack of sleep you l've probably had this week. This weekend's races almost make up the 5:30 am session up and down the Arsley bypass worth while! Can't wait to do it all over again next weekend for the N&DCA (does sarcasm come across on this?).

Great turnout & result. I won't be able to make the rest of the ICs but i hope we can now take the win.
  • A few corrections made and the results have now been updated and finalised - see above.
  • One item of lost property needs claiming (inner tube and tyre levers).
  • Brilliant results in what looked like a fairly slow day there... some amazing times. Good to see CCA is on track to regain the interclub! Sorry I've not been able to ride any of the races this year, still not pinned a number on! Barely riding at the moment. Will get back on it for next year...
  • slightly late to the party but again thanks everyone for pushing off/timing/caking and generally being a top club to be associated with. I ran out of gas for the 2nd lap, saving it all for this Sunday (hopefully) all this long slow diesel riding is nearly over, hopefully the IC10 will be back to full speed