Welcome to the forum

N&DCA 25 Mile TT (7 of 9) - 22nd July (pm)

Hi have received the following from the racing secretary of N&DCA, David Birch.

"Hi all
I’m contacting clubs relatively near to Guilden Morden with riders in this Saturday’s TT. Steve Robinson has fewer marshals than he would like for the event and as Team Sales Engine is only a small group of riders, he has no one else in his club to call on. It would be greatly appreciated if your club could provide a marshal or two to help out.
If you can help, please contact Steve asap.
Thanks, Dave Birch      N&DCA racing sec."

If anyone has some spare time on Saturday afternoon and feels like assisting please contact the organizer, thanks:

https://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/race-details/15604#anchor

Comments

• I think i'm riding. Not sure how many of the entrants are racing in the leas than ideal conditions tomorrow afternoon?
  • That was an interesting race. Real down pour as the first rider went off. Hailstones, biblical rain and wind. Resulted in waterlogged roads and greasy surface.

Unfortunately there was a few incidents including a rider taking the Wrestlingworth Junction too wide and appeared to ride into an oncoming car. I think i saw him sit up but police & ambulance at the scene. Half expected the race to be cancelled at that point. Robert was also involved in an incident but no harm except for a bit of danage to the bike (i think it was an excuse to buy more kit!).

Race was won by Paul Pardoe in 55:05, who now more or leas seals the individual win of the league.

Glad to see Jackie racing after last week's spill and coming first lady.

Great to have a bit of a chinwag with the rest of the CCA gang also racing.

CCA results:
    Gareth Davies 56:39 (4th & 1st team)
    Michael Martin 58:04 (5th & 1st team)
    Jason Stuart 58:05 (6th & 1st team)
    Jackie Field 1:00:30 (1st Lady)
    Dave Wells 1:02:44
    Stuart Field 1:06:24
    Jenny Andrews 1:07:41(=3rd Lady)
    Janet Bassett 1:07:41 (=3rd Lady)
    Emma Koppe 1:07:44
    Robert Bumstead 1:07:54
    Noah Field 1:11:24 (1st Junior)

DNS:
    - Richard Glover - who decided to go home after the biblical down pour
    - Brendan Ronayne - probably the wiser of us all and stayed away

The marshalls really earned their tea & cakes today with the incidents and weather.
  • Well done to all. Great time Gareth. I was wrecked after my travels all week, and given the bad conditions I didn't fancy it. Hope the rider involved in the incident is ok.
  • To be honest @BrendanR, i pulled back into HQ after a half hearted warmup and i thought i could just pack up & go home, but i was already drenched so thought i would ride.

Yes pleased with taking off almost 2 mins from last week & almost 5 mins since the start of the season.
  • Hope you are feeling OK Robert and not too bruised. Well done to all - great result in the team event and women's team should have scored well today as well! Well done Emma for getting round in that horrible weather when you were feeling so grim - considering there were 22 DNS and 4 DNF's you should be really proud of yourself for persevering.
    Great ride by Gareth - absolutely flying in those conditions.
    Jackie
  • CCA mentioned in dispatches on the CTT site
    https://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/race-report/15604
  • It was great to ride & have a chance to catch up with so many CCA riders after the race
  • Great riding all. Gareth, that is a top time, keep that form going!
  • Cheers Luke. Need to find another minute to get into the big money.
  • edited July 2017
    Great work team and that's a super time Gareth. Looks like I missed out on a fast but thoroughly unpleasant and scary day, I was thinking about you all but never imagined those conditions down South :-1: :+1: . Robert I hope you're OK.