Welcome to the forum

Inter Club 10 mile TT - 5/8/17

edited August 2017 in Time Trial
The booking for the Interclub 10 closes at midnight on Tuesday 1st August.

10 CCA booked so far.

Enter here

Comments

• Myself & Janet are two of the 10 but we can't ride now.
  • The course for this event will be a modified version of the F15 (Brogborough) as there are road-works on the section SouthWest of Marston Moretaine:

Course F15/10E
  • Unfortunately I cannot make this one. Please pass on my apologies to the IRC organiser.
  • Any more takers for this? Today is the last day to register. We could wrap up the IC series with a strong result this weekend.
  • Suprised on the low numbers on a fairly fast course.
  • If an additional CCA body going round would help, and not necessarily a competitive time, let me know as I was pondering whether to do this and chase my VTTA age standard!
  • All bodies help :)
  • edited August 2017
  • edited August 2017
    Despite heavy rain early in the day, it was dry for race time. Didn't know what to expect from this modified course, but it's definitely not as quick as the full F15/10.

Despite having only 6 riders today, I think we did OK. Only IRC and HNCC had 8 riders, BRCC 7, CCA 6 and SNCC 5. Completely unofficial results, but this is what I have come up with:

BRCC - 236
    HNCC - 225
    IRC - 201
    CCA - 197
    SNCC - 167

I make it 47 finishers, with Chris P the winner on the day with a time of 00:22:06. If the above is correct, we didn't lose too much ground to any other club. No idea of the overall IC standings, but I believe we are leading it.

* Note: I may have got the points system incorrect, so take with caution.
  • I've got Beds Road down as winning with 236 (7 riders) - anyway we didn't give too much away with an understrength team. A good turnout at the Hill climb should seal the deal.

Very well done to all especially Chris on the win.
  • edited August 2017
    Yes, my mistake - I missed one! Either way, like you said I think we didn't give too much away. Corrected above.
  • Well done CCA riders
  • Echo that.

Belated apples for my DNS. Have been off the bike for a while and not in condition to race at the moment.

The hill climb is also one week after the Pyrenees trip ends so a few riders should be able to produce a strong effort on the Col de Clappers.