Welcome to the forum

Club 10 - 9th August 2017

edited August 2017 in Time Trial
Short notice but unfortunately I'm unable to set up and run this week's event. Just 2 currently down to help so we still need 1 (and preferably 2) more in order to go ahead.

Comments

• Hi. I can help: though not likely to get there til 6.50pm. cheers.
  • Thanks Martin - probably a quick check in and then go to Toll Bar Marshal point.
  • Hi James,

I'll help. Let me know what you want me to do.
  • Has anyone seen the weather? I was planning on riding, but changed my mind. I wouldn't want anyone to have to marshal in that!
  • edited August 2017
    Yeah looks like a complete deluge tomorrow, can't see this happening at the moment but fingers crossed, was really hoping to ride too!
  • Not looking great at the moment :(
  • Come on guys it might well clear nicely for early evening. Jenny & Tim think of the points
    The main thing is our weather is being dominated by low pressure so PBs will be easy Falafel.

Daniel D will be setting up and running the event
    Robert B - pushing off
    Martin L - marshal at Toll Bar
    Kevin S - assisting Daniel with time keeping

Thanks all for stepping up, hope things turn out OK.
  • Forecast improves for this evening: I'll be cheering you all on at Toll Bar. Go for it!
  • I plan to ride if it does improve, tipping it down right now in Cambridge.
  • I hope to post a go/no go decision between 18:00 and 18:30.

Are flippers CCT legal?
  • Thanks Daniel...we need to leave home by 5.30 if we're coming - any chance we could have a post a bit earlier? If it's on I'll be there to ride!
  • Depends when I get to Guilden Morden.
  • Too wet for me I'm afraid, especially for a first attempt on a proper TT bike!
  • Light rain at present (18:15). No evidence of floods. The TT is On

TT is GO

See you soon.

Daniel
  • Righto, leaving now. See you in a bit.
  • Seriously, I actually can't stop laughing Martin
  • Just 5 riders braved this evening. It was rather moist but I think the wind was the bigger issue. Dave and Jenny were sporting full length mudguards on their rear wheels and based on Dave’s time I wonder if these in fact acted as fairings. JMac: what does the CTT have to say about fairings?

Here are the times:

D. Wells (rear mudguard) 26:58
    R. Bumpstead 27:27
    J. Lievesly 27:34
    A. Nunn 28:15
    J. Andrews (rear mudguard) 29:16

Many thanks to marshal Martin at the Toll gate, Stiggers for helping me out on the timekeeping and, as ever, our loyal pusher Robert. (Your wool hat is in the TT kit case).
  • 5 mad b@%*ards out tonight! Apart from the obvious "moistness", blustery conditions with a headwind out and cross wind back with only a tailwind from the crossroads at Wrestlingworth. Not a night for PBs then...but @sirlez got within 5 seconds of his! Could this be the week that the Northfield H'cap trophy started to make its way to Ashwell? Chapeau Jess. Thanks to Dan and Stiggers for setting up, Martin for the laff marshalling half way round (see pic!) and Robert for pushing off.
  • @timmer. TT bikes no good tonight what with having to tack into the wind and all! Road bikes were the job (see @sirlez)
  • Did anyone pick up my beanie by chance?.........yes a beanie, IN AUGUST!!!!!
  • edited August 2017
    Ah, seen previous post now. Thanks.