Welcome to the forum

8am Saturday 26th August

proposing the Harrold loop again......76 miles.....ashwell - Langford - Ireland - Haynes - HConquest - millbrook - cranfield - newton blossomville - Harrold (coffee stop) - sharnbrook - riseley - colmworth - g.barford - tempsford hill - Potton - Ashwell

Comments

• I'll be out
  • Will join you but not for all as need to be home for 11:30
  • I will be out. I need to get a longer ride in before Wells. It's been a while since I have been over 50 miles so need to check if my legs stay on!
  • Matt, you'll never be able to do Wells.
    Not a chance with your level of fitness.
    Crazy thoughts.
    Need to check home plans but plan to be out tomorrow if possible. If only tonne run ragged by you.
  • If u dont mind waiting on hills... i may well be out :-D
  • See you all tomorrow. Not that hilly to Harold from what I recall
  • Well for the first time since about Jan.... i am up :-D

Now... bike - tick, kit - tick, shoes - tick... fat bloke - double tick :-O
  • Great ride. Thanks Phil, great route. Pleased with 6th overall up Everton! But if anyone is going back that way soon, could they pick up my right leg as I think that's where it came off.
  • Sorry late night hope I didn't keep you waiting. Started a bit later than you guys!
  • edited August 2017
    James you didn't keep us waiting long. We presumed you weren't going to make and left just before 8.10am.
    Cheers for the tow Phil and Matt. From Harold to home I was on reserve and it showed on the hills. First long ride in ages. I must have posted my slowest ever time up Everton hill.
    Just checked and I rode it a full minute slower than my best time.
    Recovering doing gardening, time for another break. Matt there's a Kom there for you to grab this bank holiday. Keep us posted.
    Good to see Dom on form. Less half wheeling next time strong boy. And Skelders. Sorry didn't have a chance to chat. good to see you back out.
  • good , if short ride, as predicted spat out the back at the first sign of incline! managed 45 miles in the end plus a 30 min coffee stop at TriSports to sort my rubbing back wheel out... weird without Matt though :-(

work to do!

thanks guys... see you again very soon!
  • Half wheeling you Vince I wish I was that strong
  • enjoyed that....

5 out, that became 3 after early darts from Dom and Skelders
    76 miles (as advertised)
    19.4 avg...thanks to matt....

see you next week....
  • more than strong enough Dom. You were going well.