Welcome to the forum

Saturday 2nd September 9.30am club ride

edited September 2017 in Club runs
Amazingly, potentially another almost wind free day tomorrow.

So, lets head North for a change. Did a version of this BH Monday, so lets give it a go tomorrow. This is the rough outline so I'll map it out properly later. Should be just over 50 miles:

Ashwell-Wrestlingworth-Potton-Tetworth Hill-St Neots-Hail Weston-Gt Slaugherton-Colemworth-Gt Barford-Tempsford-Everton-Potton-Hinxwoth-Ashwell

Oh and as it's flat, I'll be hanging on at the back ;)

Comments

• Right, here we go. Mapped it out so my guess of just over 51 miles was almost spot on. Here is the link if anybody wants to upload it to their Garmin

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/16261663

• Great turnout this morning (14 I think) to enjoy the flat Grafham without the water ride above. Slight change to the route at the start as there was a burst sewage pipe in Guilden that was best avoided, so we headed up Northfields road to play chicken with the tractors instead.

Back on course once we got over Sutton hill it was pretty pancake flat all the way. That and a complete lack of any sort of breeze meant we wafted along at a tasty pace, through St Neots and onto the virtually empty of traffic roads between there and Blunham. Only blip of the day terrain wise was Everton hill, and even that didn't seem as hard as normal. Past this it was back through Potton before the pace picked up on the Sutton to Eyeworth road & a wind up down the Hinxworth road. Two sprints today, the solo effort by Nat that none of us could get anywhere near to and the other one where the rest of us sat behind the amazing tow by PaulH & the did a 50 yard sprint for the Ashwell sign ;)

So final stats were 51 miles @ 17.5 on an almost perfect cycling day. Oh and did I mention the route was pan flat :)

Thanks all, top morning that !
  • Great ride !!! Only negative was the massive hole which Mike and I fell into and was very nearly thrown off the bike. Was left with a badly swollen left hand. Hoping to recover by Friday for Wells!!
  • Great ride !!! Only negative was the massive hole which Mike and I fell into and was very nearly thrown off the bike. Was left with a badly swollen left hand. Hoping to recover by Friday for Wells!!