Welcome to the forum

Round4 Revolution cross

Down in Colchester today, quite a simple course really that got easier as the day went on and it dried out. Quite hilly with one really pretty steep and long one and then lots of corners and dry compost. No offs.......sigh......

It seems CCA won the day which I think is down to wins from Louis Oppen in the under 10's and Jackie in the vets w. Also I think podiums for Harley, Mark L and Logan. Ethan too? Not sure if the boys and girls are split. Anyhow, well done everyone. Iain was flying and I think Noah only just missed the podium.

I had to ride in the seniors as I missed the v50 scramble and can tell you that 8 times up that hill was quite enough! I'll go and see if if I've got any pics.

Comments

• You're right Tim, Ethan was 3rd boy (4th in the race) and got a medal to show for his efforts after a fairly hard crash on the first corner with 2 riders poor choice or corner line pushing him into the tape with nowhere to go. After one of the riders carried his bike for 25m attached at the handlebars, he ran after it and battled from the back of the field to 4th place. Quite an eventful race in the U12s probably due to the rain!!
  • edited October 2017
    Tim - assuming thats you still on the Barbie Bike, what did you know about which direction to set off in that nobody else seemed to?

EDIT - doesn't seem I'm clever enough to embed the pic:

www.flickr.com/photos/139984887@N02/37387899906/in/album-72157687337747264/
  • This pic? You can't quite see it as it's out of shot but there is a pink bike only lane on the right hand side
  • thats the one.....with all those fools with their dull-coloured bikes having to go the other way!
  • Flippin eck, seems im struggling somewhat with the race entering this season. having entered and ridden the seniors because the v50 was full, it turns out that i had in fact pre entered the v50 and had entered Alfie twice in the same race......idiot.
    Also quite rightly means no average points.
  • Crikey Tim what's going on? No ave points either is a bit harsh

Some pics from the seniors and v40

• I would have thought double points should be on offer considering you entered two races.