Welcome to the forum

Senior club official positions. Help needed.

Dear CCA, as a committee we think the time has come for some new blood, some fresh ideas and some renewed vigour in the senior roles within the club. Forgive the slightly vague form of this post but we haven't formalised who is doing what and who is stepping down going forward but we think that it would be greatly in the clubs interest to have new people involved.
Some of us have been doing the same thing for well over 10 years and that's probably not healthy for the club so if you want to get involved in the clubs secretarial, financial or general functioning work please let the committee know.
Now's your chance!

Comments

• Eeerm. i think you guys are doing a great job and not many people seem to want to let you stand down.
    if you need help around the edges there is bound to be lots of support.
  • of course they are Vincent. That's not the point.
    Tim is right in that the club will benefit from a fresh perspective.
    Only 4 meets p/a and not as onerous as many might fear.
    It also is apathetic to just leave others to run YOUR club and just join the rides and events when you feel like it.
    Not everyone working for the club needs to be on management but it isn't fair to expect Tim,Stef. and James to carry on as club officials because no-one else can be bothered.
    There are many enthusiastic members taking on roles for the club in event management and coaching which are the lifeblood of our club.
    Long may it continue.
    Given the large membership and abilities of most I am surprised none have yet come forward.
    There is no need for them to leave management, just give them the opportunity of doing some other role while someone else takes on theirs.
  • To be fair Geoff, some have - the requests was to make direct contact so I would home a few are in the wings
  • That's great news....was simply reacting to Vincent's post. I would hope the club comes good. It's too good to see it lose momentum.
  • Fair point all round. I was responding to the lack of posts but of course you are all right we need to keep things new at organisation level and the bar has been high for a long time. Hope this post gets a strong response on or off line.
  • just wondering if it might be helpful to outline what positions are opening up and a little bit of info about what they entail. It was useful for example to know that there are only 4 meetings p/a which may make people think it is more doable. Also people have different areas of expertise and may be more interested if a role is available that suits them.
    Jackie
  • Hi Jackie. Yes sorry it's a bit vague but as Tim said we haven't formalised anything yet and no-one has actually stood done so it's all hypothetical. Also no-one actually wants to leave the committee so we could end up with some job swaps.

However we think it would be great to see some new blood and new ideas so if someone is interested then any of the roles of Club Secretary, Treasurer or Chairman could be available at the next AGM. To find out more about those roles the best thing would be to speak to the person currently in the role (Tim, James D and me respectively).

Also if people are interested in helping out but don't want to commit to one of those roles that would also be great. I know people have already come forward and volunteered which is great.

Finally the other reason we were a bit vague is we don't want anyone to think this is some sort of mass exodus of people leaving the committee. It absolutely isn't. Everyone wants to stay involved it is just that having had the same people in some of these roles for many years we think a change would be great for the club and for some of us!
  • In terms of meetings we have discussed having one every quarter as follows:

(Q1): January
    (Q2): April
    (Q3): July
    (Q4): October

Obvs you don't have to attend every meeting