Welcome to the forum

CC Ashwell Hill Climb 2017, Sun 5 Nov

Note: this year's hill climb championship will be on Sunday 5th Nov morning. It will possibly the last time we do the double-header of Chalk Hill from Baldock to Weston, followed by Coombe Hill from the A505... so make sure you're there.

Everyone welcome.

Comments

• Out of interest, why might it be the last time we do the double header?

Don't think I'll be recovered in time to take part, but I'll enjoy watching everyone else suffer!
  • I hear they're knocking Therfield down. Bulldozing the hill flat.
  • It would be great to have a good turnout in the ladies competition this year. It's a brilliant event, and you've got a seriously good chance of collecting a nice shiny trophy. It's so good that the club has a men's and women's prize, so come and have a go!
  • Update....J Mac has done the forms, Stef has forewarned the horsey folks and I'm able to do one of the stopwatches and the signing on so we are almost there.

Just need another volunteer to do the other stopwatch and a pusher offer. A marshal would also be really appreciated for the right hand bend on the first hill and outside the horse place on the second.

I'll be at the bottom of the first hill by the George the whatever pub at 9.00, first rider off at 9.30.
    We start the second hill when everyone gets there, normally 11 ish.

Requirements in order to ride this prestigious event are £4 to sign on, to be 12 or over and to have a bike.

I think I've persuaded Alfie to have a pop so hope to see the youth having a go.

Just need a nice weather day now!
  • I'm happy to help out. Maybe not pushing off, with my wrist, but I'll do anything else.
  • Hi Tim,

I will be there hopefully but unlikely to ride after my atrocious showing last year!!

Happy to help if you need me.

Cheers
    Scott.
  • I can rustle up a massive flask of hot water and some cups, if someone is able to bring the TT box of tea and coffee - I should think we'll need some hot drinks at the end!

We spoke to the local farmer on Coombe Hill a couple of weeks ago and he was encouraging about the event - interested to know what was going on, so great work by those who put the sign up nice and early.

Fingers crossed for some good weather!
  • Thank all. I think Scott is good for a bit of marshalling and Brendan i might put you on starting stop watch, we'll work it out on the day. Weather looking good.
  • I should be there with a bike. I’m booked in on Saturday to have all superfluous organs and extremeties removed and resulting cavities filled with helium so hopefully will have recovered by Sunday morning. Thanks in advance to all the organisers/helpers.
  • I have the tea crate and a few beers!, courtesy of James
  • I will be there tomorrow,

Nathan
  • A beer before would be great!
  • Thanks everyone for a great turn out today. Also thanks to our helpers Brendan, Steve and Scott and for the encouraging spectators. Ill put the full results up later but congratulations to our worthy champions Jenny and Alastair.
    Also just wanted to say how good it was to see all the youngsters out and to see them all going so amazingly well.
  • Thanks to Tim and the timekeepers and supporters, an excellent event as ever. Really enjoyed that, despite the chilly northern wind. Brilliant to see the youth riders giving the seniors a run for their money!
  • Thanks everyone for organising and helping. Brownie and beer really appreciated. A great event as always.
  • Great work, well done everyone and very close all round - how light is young Mr Lightfoot?
  • great event, thanks timekeepers, pushers off, supporters and everyone who took part. great youth turnout and all rode very well.
    thanks for the cake and beer at the end.
  • Likewise thank you all, standing around in the cold for us all morning was much appreciated! Beer and cake were a top end!

Did i see a photographer on the first climb?
  • Thanks to everyone who helped make it all go well yesterday. And to all racers who dared to take the hills on. The cheering on the way up was wonderful.

Great to see the Youth coming through. Very impressive!