Welcome to the forum

Redgrave CX

Cold today but not too muddy. Heavy in places and quite technical too but i thought it was a good course, plenty of offs and different ways of taking some sections, enjoyed it.
A second for Gethin and Jackie and a third for Iestyn were our podium placings but all the youth looked to be going well.
It was good to see Martin in his first Eastern race and looked to be working his way through the pack from starting at the back. Dave ran a great section on the first lap in heavy traffic overtaking 6 riders by sticking to the plan of running the whole section. looked like you almost caught Iain too!
Richard managed to snap his new Boone!...ouch.

Despite missing the big hitters of the Lightfeet and Harley we came in third team and have a good lead at the top. LVYCC are second but i think with a couple more wins we have a good chance.

Comments

• Good racing today, managed to achieve my season goal of finishing in the top half of the field. Just need to try and catch Dave now.
  • Hey! Lay off Santa.
  • That was a horrible course. Flat, windswept, cold, boggy, slow, frame-snappingly bumpy in places, too twisty, too many offs. Dave loved it... his favourite course... weirdo. One more lap and he'd have got me. It was like being chased by a demented father Christmas with that beard.
  • Love this write up Iain. Watching from the low hurdles it looked like booth Dan and Dave were gaining. Saw so many try to hop these and mess it up. Did Richard try this?
    It was heavy going but i liked it. Jackie did not enjoy it and after his best start of the season Noah had a nightmare of a race. His back wheel dropped out after the hurdles and then he got loose tape wrapped around his cassette which cost him a couple minutes of untangle time.
  • Sorry to hear about Noah's race. With the strong wind and exposed site there was a lot of loose tape flapping about.
    Re. the course, i'm with Dave, i liked it a lot. I like plenty of offs and thanks to Marks Wednesdays i think most of the CCA riders do well on the technical days.
    Again, plenty of Wednesday practice and being on the edge of the grid gave me a great start, second into the first corner. However, lack of fitness left me in oxygen debt and breathing out of my ears for the next lap!
  • The organiser wants to know which CCA rider left a green kit bag at the event on Saturday? Has no one noticed they got home without it?!
  • Agree with Tim, that course is one that benefits from the Wednesday training more than any other. Not just the techniques in riding the technical bits but the decision making processes needed when in a race situation. I tried as much no brake cornering for the twisty bit at the back, as I could.

Did someone leave a green kit bag there, the organiser posted on Facebook that he's trying to get in touch with a CCA rider who had.
  • I think DD has a green kit bag
  • Yes, that's mine and I am in touch with the organiser. Thanks guys.
  • I'm with Father Christmas- I thought it was a great course and I agree one where the training pays off - for young and old alike. The more corners the better for me and this one had a few.
    We went to the Nationals on Sunday (Sam took part, I was acting in a managerial capacity) but it is really evident that to get to the top, those core technical skills are so important. Watching the way the elite riders tackle the corners was quite something. And as for bunny hopping up steps - only a few managed it but those that did, got full style points.
  • As my second race I enjoyed it, but not as much as Shuttleworth. Had to start at the back but happy with getting past 22 other riders. I got a bit of tape in the rear cassette on the last lap but managed to ride to the end without it causing a problem.
  • Archie B said it was his favourite course so far this season!! There are some fantastic photos on the Eastern cross FB page if you haven't already seen them. Kudos to those photographers who sit there all day - it was freezing!!!!!