Welcome to the forum

Joining a race team

A big thank you to all of the past and present coaches at CCA for their superb coaching and support. I have agreed to move to Cycle Team OnForm for the 2018 season but will remain a second claim CCA member if thats OK. I am really excited for this next year as I move into my final year as a youth rider. I would not have got this far without CCA - winning the national champions jersey this year was really the icing on the cake, and I am sure starting out on the grass track made me a stronger and more confident rider to achieve this. Thank you for all of your coaching and support over the last 6 years. I'll still be around, hopefully doing the chain gangs in the summer and hopefully joining in with a ride or two.

Sophie Lewis

Comments

• Congratulations Sophie. You are a loyal and respected member of the club and your achievements are significant. It is quite natural that you should wish to develop in your sport in a more professional environment. Please forgive us for continuing to feel some 'CAA pride' as you develop with Cycle Team OnForm.
    Of course you will always be welcomed at CCA events.
    Good luck with your new team.

Daniel
  • That's great news Sophie. Whilst its a shame not to have another CCA rider at our races I know you'll thrive at Cycle Team OnForm. Best of luck with the new team!
  • Congrats! Simon/OnForm are great. Unbelievable support
  • Well done Sophie. Hard work pays off. Will follow your progress with interest.
  • Congratulations Sophie, that’s amazing! I’m glad that CCA helped you develop this far, it just shows what a club can do to help a talented and committed rider like yourself. You’ll be great at OnForm, it’s the next obvious step for you. I can only echo Daniel’s sentiments.
  • awesome!
  • Sophie, look forward to hanging on to you on the chain gang next year. Best of luck and sounds like you are doing the right thing. Stay intouch with the Cca and come along to as many training rides or events as you can.
  • Great news Sophie, many congratulations. As many have already said above, of course you will always be welcome at all CCA events and as a second claim member.
  • Well done Sophie: what an exciting opportunity and future. Go for it!

See you again soon at the Welwyn road bike Wednesday sessions?

And (everyone) let's kick off the weekly Tuesday Chain Gangs the same week the weekly 10TTs start. Tues 17th April 7.30pm, Three Tuns. Enough light for 2 laps.
  • Great News Sophie and good luck with OnForm, great choice!
  • Well done Sophie. Good luck with the final round of Revolution in Manchester on the 6th Jan. Are you racing with your new team or the one you did the last 2 rounds with.
  • Just for the record Sophie congratulations finishing 2nd overall in the new stars section of 24 riders. Looking forward to seeing your results next season.
  • Well done Sophie..will be looking out for you!