Welcome to the forum

Saturday 6th January 9.30am club ride ********CANCELLED**********

edited January 2018 in Club runs
Happy new year all ! Time for some winter miles to burn off all of that turkey and mince pie

How about this for tomorrow's spin, essentially two loops either side of the A1. Also think it's got a climb in it that we haven't done before on a club ride !!

Ashwell-station road-Steeple-Guilden-Wrestlingworth-Dunton-Langford-Clifton-Mepshall-Campton-Upper Gravenhurst-Shillington-Henlow Camp-Langford-Hinxworth-Ashwell (38 miles)

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/17095121

See you in the morning with all of your Christmas cycling pressies :)

Comments

• See you there, looking forward to it. Got more than Turkey and Mince Pie to burn off :wink:
  • edited January 2018
    Sorry all, I'm going to cancel the ride this muorning. It's below freezing now and forecast for fog and temps of 0 until mid day. Not a morning for club riding I'm afraid.
  • Good call. I'd already looked out the window and made a decision for a session on the turbo!
  • Here now (in the coffee shop) if anyone is still out- I'll probably head northish (don't ask me where) before rolling back to Dane end- roads aren't too bad, reasonably dry...
  • Excellent riding conditions. No need to cancel. DaveW. Sorry I didn't see your post and assumed I missed everyone as I was lazy and 10 mins late. Did a version of Dave,s ride but made it up a bit.
    Enjoy afternoon ride all.
  • No worries Vincent, sorry to have missed you! 4 out, then 3, then all abandoned ship as we managed to find the only sketchy road in Hertfordshire, out towards Buckland - from there we decided to cut our losses rather than risk an ongoing ice rink all the way to Saffron W, so the other two headed North up the A10, and I headed south to the parentals for a coffee in Ware...
  • Ah . Sounds like it wasn't so good fir grouo riding. Went out Sunday with Robbie in Nottingham. That's was sketchy fir a while. Riding on totally frosted roads. Fun though.