Welcome to the forum

Saturday 13th January 9.30am club run

edited January 2018 in Club runs
After last week's ice fest, think we should be ok tomorrow morning. Just potentially some low clouds and light drizzle (lovely !)

Also, it's an unusually rare south easterly so no idea what's the best route for this wind direction? Maybe something like this to give us a tailwind back ?? Just don't blame me if its a headwind all the way round :)

Ashwell-Shepreth-fowlmere-Elmdon-Langley-Anstey-Therfield-Ashwell (41 miles)

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1362365437

See you in the morning

Comments

• i'll tag along if I may David, think Dom may as well :-)
  • Yep I'll be out
  • Sure thing Tim, more the merrier :)
  • Thanks David, great ride :-D

Apologies to all for my poor climbing (standard for this time of year for me i'm afraid!)... hopefully you'll have me back?!

#humbled!
  • edited January 2018
    Bumper turnout this morning (15?) for the spin into Essex & and as an added bonus not a hint of drizzle to be had :)

Tasty pace out on the flat warmup to fowlmere, before a change to something more lumpy as we crossed the 505. Strangely as we went uphill the wetter the roads got, till we had a full on river running down the road just outside Therfield - nice !

From the top of the hill in Therfield it was a pretty speedy tilt all the way to Ashwell station where we added on a cheeky extra loop to zoom down into Steeple and come back via Guilden.

So 44 @ 16.5 thanks all, enjoyed that :)

Oh and ride of the day goes to PaulH who punctured on the way over, fixed it and met us just as we got to Bassingbourn. Then his tyre gave out again, so he got a lift home, fitted a new tyre and then somehow managed to find us in Nuthsmpsted. Impressive stuff indeed !!
  • Yes a good ride today, thanks, good to get back into the routine after the Christmas break - got a few extra kilos to burn off!

Hats off to Taff as well for doing most of the work on the front with a cold.