Welcome to the forum

Saturday 17th Feb 9.30am club ride

Wow, it's hard to believe it but no weather warnings for tomorrow & it might also be sunny, mild and not too windy !!!!!!!

So, amazingly I recon we can just go about anywhere tomorrow, so how about heading west & Ampthill way as we haven't gone this way all winter:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/17413844

Ashwell-Langford-Haynes-Maulden-Ampthill-Houton Conquest-Haynes-Old Warden-Broom-Langford-Ashwell (43 miles)

See you tomorrow, don't forget the shades !

p.s. Still not to late to sign up for the club dinner next week. Would be great to have a good turnout from the Sat crowd :)

Comments

• I'll ride to meet you somewhere on Langford Hill on the way out, and cut back to Shefford at a similar point on the way back.

Nathan H
  • Ill be out
  • Count me in :)
  • 12 of us out this morning for the above spin to Ampthill and back in some awesome Feb weather. Sunny, not to cold and just a gentle breeze - amazing after the last couple of weeks :)

Perfect winter pace set from the off by Skelders, who was pretty much on the front the whole way round today. Clearly all that training is paying off ! So route was as described, out to Ireland, cross the A600, through Haynes, cross the A6, couple of cheeky climbs around Ampthill and back via Haynes, Broom and Langford.

Great route, cracking company and a good dose of vitamin D as an extra bonus. Finally tally was 44 @ 16.5

Thanks all, fingers crossed for more of the same next week !
  • Oh and chapeau to BobW who did the whole ride with just two gears after his rear derailleur cable snapped on the way over. Maggot hill would have been tough as !!!
  • Thanks David, great route, enjoyed that... even Maggot Hill !!