Welcome to the forum

*************** Hardriders - Sunday 18th March - Cancelled ******************

edited March 2018 in Time Trial
Our early season opener is the Hardriders on Sunday 18th March.
This event will take place on the Guilden Morden 25 mile F14 course - HQ will be Guilden Morden village with sign on from around 8.30 and first rider off at 9.31.

The course starts near Wrestlingworth crossroads, goes into Guilden, turning left through Wendy to the A1198, left to the Arrington roundabout, left to Wrestlingworth crossroads, left to then continue for a repeat circuit, past the start for the 2nd time to then finish before getting back into Guilden.

In order to make this event a success we will need 2 time-keepers, a pusher off and at least 2 marshals.

I am unlikely to be riding so that’s a further 4 or 5 helpers required.
Please post on this thread if you are available to assist.

Cost £4.00 members (£3 for juniors) - £5.00 non members

Juniors please note a signed parental consent form for 2018 will be required - these are available on the CTT website or we will have copies for signing on the day.

Looking forward to seeing you all.

James

Comments

• Hi all

Just to add: Guilden Morden Parish Council have denied us use of the Rec grass area for parking. This is because the ground is still too soft: and because there's a football match going to go on that morning.

This means parking will likely be really difficult directly around the village hall. Please consider parking well away from the hall and riding over. I'd even consider Steeple Morden and the Rec car park there. It's only 1 mile away... a warm up! That's what some clubs use when they do this course.

And stay well clear of parking anywhere around the T-junction at the Edward VII pub.

Have a great season everyone!
  • JMac do you still need a marshal?
  • edited March 2018
    We certainly do. This event is looking increasingly unlikely to go ahead due to lack of helpers coming forward. The weather outlook for Sunday also not promising :anguished:
  • I would most definately come along to help but I’m up north. I’ll see if any of the former racers/2nd claim racing heroes will come forward to help..
  • I'm happy to marshal or whatever's needed. Minus 1 and snow...just when it looked like spring was on its way!
  • I'm up for a bit of timekeeping if you still need somebody. Def going to be one for the brave if he forecast is correct !!
  • I’m happy to stand at a t junction freezing my proverbial off
  • I can help out.
  • Great and thanks very much for all your offers.

Looking cold but if the snow stays away I think we can go ahead.

• So you have enough volunteers (thanks everyone) but will you have enough riders? Windchill will be -9 on sun morning.

Is it worth asking riders to sign up/commit in advance so that volunteers don't have to brave the cold/weather/early start if they don't need to?
  • Was planning to ride but looking cold!
  • Not about this weekend, sorry i cant help or say i'll be riding, chapeau to anyone that does either!
  • Despite this being the hardriders, the bitter conditions forecast for Sunday mean that this event is unfortunately now cancelled.

This is for the sake of those that would have to be standing around a long time in the cold as well as the likely few intrepid riders.