Welcome to the forum

Saturday 14th April 9.30am club ride

Well if the weather is to be believed then Spring could actually be arriving tomorrow.........I'll believe it when I see it !

After last weeks lump-fest, lets go for something pretty much pan flat:

Ashwell-Wrestlingworth-Potton-Tetworth Hill-St Neots-Hail Weston-Gt Slaugherton-Colemworth-Gt Barford-Tempsford-Everton-Potton-Hinxwoth-Ashwell

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/16261663

Could do with a bit of a hand direction wise post St Neots, so if a few people could stick the course into their Garmins that would be great.

See you in the morning, possibly on something made of carbon fibre :)

Comments

• I couldn't open the link. Then again I couldn't get to my dashboard in Garmin Connect either, trying 3 different browsers, so it's probably me.
  • I had the same problem but worked after I waited a bit and tried again - route all loaded and ready. Summer bike prepped. Sun pre-ordered. This could be it, finally...!
  • Feeling the guilt after my comments about the lumpiness last week! Recently did some home mechanics in my summer bike. Not sure I trust the results for a long ride.
  • I will be leaving at the same time with Vince to do Two Bridges quite fast

Anyone wanting a bit of a faster strava ride can just sit on and enjoy the pull. Will be back by 11.30am
  • At 9:30 start though right?
  • Massive CCA turnout this morning, we filled the space outside the Tuns ! Three rides in the end, Nat's eyeballs out one, my club run and a marginally slower & shorter cafe ride.

12 of us set out on the club ride, amazing weather and great to be back on the carbon and finally mudguard free. In a change to most other club rides over the last 6 months we followed the above course to the letter, so after the ups and downs of Sutton and Tetworth hills it was pretty much pan flat all the way (OK except for up Everon hill ;) )

Couple of stops on the way, the planned banana break at Colmworth and the unplanned 15 min stop at the Everton road level crossing waiting for about 6 trains to thunder past. Still as Richard said, time to do two hobbies in one, cycling and train spotting !!!

Post Everton hill is was a quick return via Hinxworth & an audacious long range sprint effort by Simon M from about 3 miles out ! Finally tally was 51 @ 17avg.

All finished off with some refreshments in the Bushel and Strike garden as the Tuns had run out of coffee and crisps.

Thanks all for a fantastic morning in the sunshine. Also as it was such a nice day, I'll forgive you all for the rude comments about my 'brave' blue CCA leg warmers ;)
  • So, the cake ride turned into the scotch egg and pickled onion ride!
    Four of us on the ride through Hinxworth, Gamlingay, Waresley, Gransdens, Bourn and then back via Chapel Hill. In the spirit of DavidJ we also managed to find some wet roads.
    Cafe stop at Bourn for the aforementioned refreshments in the sunshine. Very nice!
    As David said slightly shorter and slightly slower.
    41 miles @ 16.1
    Cheers