Welcome to the forum

Time Trials

Morning,

Is there anyone that would be willing to advise me on setting up & running time trials please?

My triathlon club would like to hold ‘members only’ events, but to be honest, the handbook contents are completely over my head & I’ve messaged the district several times without reply.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• I'm sure James and others will advise appropriately....when we started ours we had an acceptable route of a measured distance.
    Try and find a route that doesn't go through built up areas. Try and avoid main roads and tricky/busy junctions. Risk assess the course.
    Get the route approved by the police authorities through which it runs.
    Set the start and finish dates and affiliate your club to CTT who will take a % charge for each entrant.
    Then it's about marshalling the course at dangerous points.
    Get a group of club members to help each week .
    As to the mechanics of timing handicaps and general organisation I'm sure there's plenty of advice from club members coming your way.
  • Thank you Geoff. We’ve got most of that covered, I think it’s mainly just a police & district contact that we need. We’re already affiliated with CTT. We’re not charging or opening it up to non members, we just want to make sure we’re all legal & above board.
  • have fun. Sounds like it's almost there