Welcome to the forum

Saturday 5th May 9.30am club ride

Wow - sunshine & light winds forecast for tomorrow, how many times has that happened on a Sat morning recently !

Think it's def a day for the Stewartby classic, so lets do a version of this route. Can go either down or up the hill out of Ampthill, we can decide when we get to Houghton Conquest.......

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/727420041

Ashwell-Haynes-Maulden-Ampthill-Stewartby-Old Warden-Broom-langford-Ashwell (50miles)

See you in the morning, sunnies and shorts :)

Comments

• I'll come! What kind of pace should I prepare myself for?
  • Prob about 16-17avg for this route. Nobody gets left behind though :)
  • Thanks! Bit speedy for me for that kind of distance so I'll give it a miss this time and train up first :)
  • Tomorrow morning will be a more sedate pace @Mareike ... 9am with @MC
  • Great ride chaps! Thanks David, really enjoyed that, was awesome... weather, company, route... all good !
  • Great ride! Thanks again Tim for the gas I owe you one!!
  • Nine of us yesterday morning for the spin to Ampthill and back. Glorious weather, perfect for bike riding, warm and just a light breeze. Shame the same couldn't be said for the terrible state of the roads !

Had our first mechanical, pot hole related stop just outside Hinxworth, but fixed the problem outside a barn which sounded like the was some sort of funfair going on inside it - very odd indeed ! Mostly plain sailing after that with some tidy riding at a good pace. Even had a cheeky mid ride burn up to see if we could get the Strava segment by Jordans, think we we just outside the top 10 so not a bad effort !

From there it was a pacy return up Langford hill and a relaxed trundle back to Ashwell down loves lane.

So 51 @ 17 - thanks all for an excellent morning, really enjoy it :)