Welcome to the forum

Club 10 Results - 9/5/18

A relatively warm evening and a favourable light to moderate West wind produced some excellent times.

From an excellent turnout on the night of 22 riders fastest on the night was Matt Young from Royston CC and Jenny was quickest female. Nathan was top junior and James M was best vet on standard.

Thanks to Tim A for organising and to Brendan, Stuart, Jackie, Geoff, and Clare for marshalling.

All riders are reminded that we operate under the rules and regulations of the CTT - riders must obey the rules of the road at all times. In particular see item 20 of the REGULATIONS: riders must

(a) not ride in a manner that is unsafe either to themselves or to other road users;
(b) ride on the left-hand side of the road except for safe overtaking and when making right hand turns;

Rider behaviour was observed at the Toll Bar turn onto the B1042 and at Wreslingworth crossroads and a small number of riders rode dangerously at the crossroads, crossing the white line on exiting the turn. Future behaviour of this nature will not be tolerated and riders will be disqualified with no time recorded.

As it has now been 4 weeks with the new regimen at Toll Bar we are undertaking a review of how things work in practice. More on this to follow in due course.

Results as follows:

1. M Young 22:24 PTT (RCC)
2. A Swan 23:15 - PB
3. A Morris 23:27 PTT (TMG CT)
4. J McKenzie 24:20
5. D Wells 24:23
6. S Bradley 24:34 PTT (Team Trident)
7. C Luggeri 24:45
8. J Andrews 25:02 (F) - PB
9. M Scales 25:20
10. T Skelding 25:21
=11. N Hardy 25:35 (J) -PB
=11. V Friedlander 25:35 - PB
13. S Miles 25:43 - PB
14. R Bumstead 26:19
15. A Mussett 26:28 PTT (Team Trident)
16. D Hall 26:47
17. S Lewis 26:51 (FJ) - PB
18. D Jones 27:55
19. A Nunn 28:01
20. J Lievesley 28:02
21. J Dow 30:32
22. S Mussett 31:05 PTT (Team Trident)

Comments

• I also noticed a number of riders coming down towards the finish line in the middle of the road. I know at this point we are in full-on sprint mode, but there is no excuse for not keeping well over to the left please.
  • Did anyone find a pair of sunglasses on Weds?
    They may have been left in the village hall - Thanks
  • I have your glasses Nathan and will bring them along next week.