Welcome to the forum

Ride London Club Challenge

Comments

• I've just sent a mail to the organisers to see if we have any options for the mixed team - will keep you updated with the reply on this thread
  • Hi, will be sorting out the entries this week. I understand the teams have been agreed as per below. Once I enter them you will get an email inviting you to enter. Everyone in the team needs to enter by next Friday 25th May 17:00.

Richard P - can you email me at chairman@ccashwell.com so I can get your email.
    Emma - OK to use Shelton's email? If not email as above.

We think we have a solution to get the mixed team entered, but it would be preferable to fill the final place - so last chance if any women riders fancy it.

Male team: Andrew R, Steve L, Richard P, Taff.

Mixed team: Emma, Graham, Harvey plus 1 more woman.

• Thanks for my entry in the mixed team. Looking forward to it. I need to organise some club kit as I only joined recently
  • I have emailed over my details and below for reference:
    hotpilch@hotmail.com - 07926673215
    Cheers
    Richard
  • Hi all. Something has come up the evening before the event; seeing as I've had a team place in previous years and a mixed team unlikely to happen, I'm happy to offer my team place to @Harvey123. You want to take it Harvey?
  • Thanks for your kind offer Taff however a mixed team will happen. In order for us to field two teams either you or Brendan need to ride or we will need to find another rider for team 1.

• So tomorrow I will enter these teams as per previous messages, unless someone else wants to take Taff's place (male) or the women's place, in which case post asap.

We will be able to enter both teams anyway as I have another solution for the mixed team.

Male team: Andrew R, Steve L, Richard P, Taff.

Mixed team: Emma, Graham, Harvey plus 1 more woman.

• cheers. Do you need any info from myself?
  • Hi - all done - you should now get an email from Ride London inviting you to enter.
    If you dont let me know.

Everyone in the team has to enter for the team entry to be complete.
    Thanks
  • Hi Stef Yes received the prudential mail this morning . Just completing my entry but
    My surname is Luetchford and not Moorwoodhouse. It will not allow me to change that box on the entry. Is that something that can be changed from CCA before I confirm the entry details

Thanks. Keith
  • Hi Team 1

On this ride in particular it's really useful to get an early start - there are a lot of charity riders in later start waves and the experience of riders in previous years who have started later has not been so good.

In order to get an earlier start please put down a quick estimated finish time - regardless of how quickly you actually expect to finish - a short 4 hours is probably good.

Added to this the whole team get's the same start time so for the sake of your buddies - put a quick time down:-)

Thanks

Andrew
  • Keith - Apologies, my mistake. I have corrected and you should get a revised invite.
  • That's all ok now Stef. Just completed the entry. Thankyou
  • All done for me, I have put 4hrs finish time
  • All sorted.
    Cheers for organising!
  • Hi all. Just signed up and paid. I also entered a time of 4hrs. Thanks for organising it.
    In my experience, it's always best to put the earliest completion time. Doesn't mean you actually have to finish it 4 hours, you'll be more likely to get an earlier better start time. This means we'll be unlikely to get caught in the bottle necks on the hills, due to the extra thousands of charity riders.
    Cheers guys!
  • Hi all just to confirm I think everyone has entered correctly.
    The mixed team is missing 1 woman entrant - but I've spoken to the organisers and they have confirmed this will not affect your individual entries - so the 3 of you Emma, Graham, Harvey are entered OK. Just means you wont get a team time but that is no big deal. The other team of 4 is all good too.

So all sorted, good luck with the training!
  • Many thanks Stef, and thanks everyone for your tips.
    Steve
  • Cheers Stef, thanks for organising. Shame we wont get a team time for the mixed, still going to hard to beat my last time.
  • Start times released today, check your emails for this.
    Been given an awful start time of 8:56. going to try my luck and get in early with Taff.
  • Same for me 8.56. It's not worth riding it . Roads are congested . Very disappointing for club entry placing from the organisers.
  • I’m in wave a 05:48. Taff is the same I believe.
  • 05.48 orange for me.
  • Hi Graham. Are you going to try and get into an early wave ? I have seen people before move up the grid. 8 .56 is no use .
  • Yes I am, I am staying with Taff in a hotel so I will going to the same wave as him.
    One thing to bear in mind (not sure if you have done this event before) If you have a bag that you want to leave and collect, you get a bag that you can out that in, you stick your number too it and load it into a specific lorry and collect at the end. That lorry may not be available that early.
  • @Taff @Richard_P do you have the details of your loading and wave times you can share with us please.
    Cheers
  • Name: Richard Plunkett
    Rider Number (Bib Number): 3799
    Start Area: Orange
    Wave: A
    Wave Load opening time: 04:44:00
    Wave Load closing time: 05:24:00
    Start Time: 05:48:00
  • Name: Pritchard Mike
    Rider Number (Bib Number): 3800
    Start Area: Orange
    Wave: A
    Wave Load opening time: 04:44:00
    Wave Load closing time: 05:24:00
    Start Time: 05:48:00
  • Ok. I will drive down and park locally. Will have a try for the early wave. Have a good ride chaps.
  • edited July 2018
    I've been in the early waves and saw p!entry of people from later waves sneaking in. Marshals were doing their best to stop this but to me it looked like most made it. Essential for a decent ride to get off early in my opinion. We have been heading back into London around the Kingston area where the route is 2way and the outgoing cyclists were at a standstill.