Welcome to the forum

First aid kit

Having heard that the clubs finances are in a reasonable state at the AGM, I have taken a bit of a liberty and have ordered on behalf of the club a new first aid kit bag. This is to replace the tiny red go-ride bag the first aid kit is currently stored in. This should be a lot easier to use in the event of the sort of accidents we had at the primavera, and also for the cyclo-cross race and grass track races. Comes to £40.60 from St John Ambulance shop. I apologise as I should probably have got permission from the committee first but it’s just one of those jobs that just needed sorting out and as I have the first aid kit in front of me at the moment, I have just got on and sorted it. Cheers.
Claire

Comments

• We also need some more gloves and a couple of foil heat retaining blankets so I will add them to the order
  • Not an issue I would think Claire. The club needs this.
  • We’ll be a two first aid bags sort of club then. Lil Swan stocked up a first aid bag before the Primavera that should be with all the club TT stuff. Can never have enough though! There’s a pack of 100 latex gloves or so in the box somewhere, not sure about the blankets though.
  • Dont hold your breath regarding payment though Claire; you may need to think about getting a Defibrillator!....
  • We have a defib in the village now so thats covered. Someone converted the old telephone box by the Rose and Crown into a defib store. Ambulance control can give you the code to get at it. I suppose all the coaches should know this - can some one pass on the info on a Thursday evening please xx
  • With regards to having 2 first aid kits, it will only be one, i have just transferred the bits into a proper bag that allows you to get easy access without having to tip everything out. Also reduces risk when dealing with more than one casualty as less chance of blood/body fluids transferring. Lil will be impressed! My only thought is whether we need a small kit in the Guildon Morden hall for the club 10s. Is this needed?
  • Great! Thanks Claire, sounds brilliant.