Welcome to the forum

National 12 hour Inc VTTA champs Its Official

edited June 2018 in Time Trial
Wow that was a long day.
Jackie took part in this yesterday with me as support. Brilliant and steady effort had her finish 2nd to Alice Lethbridge (we think) who broke her own record on an increasingly windy and far from easy course.

Jackie Garmin had her down as reaching 273.32 miles ( 22.75avs)

All unofficial at the moment as there was an issue with the results. We stayed at HQ till 9.30 and they still had not sorted it.

The men's record looks like it was broken twice in the same race.

Updates to follow

Comments

• Incredible effort, i was keeping an eye on Facebook and the TT forum with Jackie pulling away from 3rd place all the time! Many many congratulations, just an unreal distance in that time.

See you at the club 10 Wednesday? ;)
  • Phenomenal achievement Jackie, well done!
  • Fantastic effort Jackie - congratulations.
  • edited June 2018
    Brilliant Jackie - well done :-)
  • Outstanding!!!
  • Thanks all. Nothing from the organising club yet which is very frustrating for all of the riders. Not even updates about when they might finalise the results. CCT rules say within 28 days but not sure if that is acceptable nowadays. Anyway will post updates when available
  • edited June 2018
    CTT released the results today confirming that Jackie's Garmin was spot on except that they go to 3 decimal places.

Jackie had trained really hard for this as it was her big focus for the season and not knowing the official result has been very frustrating. Turns out she was about 4 miles ahead of nearest rival.

She now knows she was 2nd woman in the event (1st Vet) and 16th overall.

In the VTTA she has won the women's competition, no results for overall yet and set a new age record by 31 miles
    It is also the 4th best distance ever for a woman in the 12 hour. Alice Lethbridge holds the top 2 distances breaking her own comp record this year and Beryl Burton has the 3rd best distance. Her record had stood for 50 years.

It takes a lot of organising and prep to do one of these and big thanks to James Mc for his advice with regards to attempting this.
  • Wow Jackie. Incredible. Congratulations and well done.
  • edited June 2018
    yey! just had it confirmed that I won the VTTA National 12 hour Championship[ overall as well as the women's and East Anglia won the group :-). This means I get the VTTA cap and Jersey (lol)
    It has been a horrible week waiting for the results but delighted to have them in at last.
    Would like to say thankyou for all your nice comments and have to put it on record that I could not have done this without Stuart who was amazing on the day. It takes a huge amount of organising and he was there to pass me up drinks and give me encouragement throughout (have finally learnt to slow down and take a bottle rather than splattering it all over the road!). Went through many ups and downs during the day (especially when riding against the wind and when a van passenger threw a cup of drink over me) but as I went in with very little expectation except trying to get an age record I am delighted with how it turned out - I may even do another one! (Haven't discussed this with Stuart yet lol).
    Jackie
  • Congratulations Jackie.

The End to End record got broken earlier this month. I think the women's record is 50 hours or so...
  • Daniel.....Jackie might just be mad enough to try....you've a wicked sense of humour.
    Stunning ride Jackie
  • Daniel Geoff I am going to have to ask you to stop talking now :-)
  • Daniel's spot on. Jasmin Muller is going for it in July following a failed attempt last year. Wait and see how she gets on and then maybe think about it - sorry Stuart.
  • haha....wicked...you're reeeaaalllllyy not sorry James. Wishing you all the best Stuart.
  • No comment.

(I love oxymorons)
  • Well done Jackie, fantastic achievement.
  • edited July 2018
    Further update. In line with the very poor results service (yes we all know its tricky) Jackie has just discovered that she has lost the VTTA overall part of her achievements due to the organisers missing a rider completely. A 47 year male vet beat her by just under a mile on standard. She is still 2nd overall in the VTTA and 1st woman on scratch and standard in the VTTA and all the other stuff stands.