Welcome to the forum

Saturday 21st July 9.30am ride

I’m not around again tomorrow (shocking I know!), but Tim has kindly agreed to step in and navigate a route.

Another cracking day forecast for tomorrow, so enjoy if you are out.

See you all next week :)

Comments

• edited July 2018
    Ok, so how about we do a northerly route, to Yelling:

Ashwell-Everton-Yelling-Waresly-Potton-Edworth-Ashwell (41 miles)

http://www.mapmyride.com/gb/baldock-eng/ashwell-everton-yelling-waresly-potton-e-route-37854812

Although of course we should get to Eyeworth via Wrestlingworth, thus avoiding Northfields Road which is obviously banned from all club rides...
  • See you in the morning.
    Why is Northfields banned? It's a great road. Shouldn't be muddy this time of year......
  • Planning to join you tomorrow with Dave N. Bit short of time so we'll peel off around Gamlingay / Waresley.
    Meeting for coffee at Rhubarb before the ride
  • Yep, should be at Rhubarb then will peel off at Waresley...after cake!
  • Sounds good! I'll join you for an hour or so and probably peel off around Gamlingay too (road racing on Sunday so need to save my legs).
  • edited July 2018
    About 17 out today, and after some debate we decided to risk Northfields - which paid off despite an early encounter with a huge tractor and some muck on the road. Phew!

After about 10 miles we naturally split into 2 groups. I led the main group of 10 on the advertised route above, which turned out to be, er, quite quick - 41 miles @ 18.5. Thanks all, a great ride in the sun!
  • Cheers Tim. Logical to split when we did. Our group of 5 followed the route to Abbotsley and then made for the garden centre at Waresley. Martin and Dave went their separate ways, leaving me, Jenny and Hannah to ride back to Ashwell. We weren’t too slow either!
    Made it back to the Tuns about the same time as the main group. Didn’t stop for coffee as we already had pre- and mid-ride coffee (and cake - thanks Martin).
    Good luck in your race tomorrow Jenny. Thanks for keeping us company today.
  • Blimey, what did you lot have for brekkie - rocket fuel !!!
  • Cheers Tim. Yes that was probably the fastest 9.30 ride I've been on, and we kept it all together for most of it.