Welcome to the forum

Saturday 1st September 9.30am club ride

South last week, east this week.

Thought we could try a bit of a new route, that goes into deepest, darkest Essex. Fingers crossed we don't get horribly lost :)

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/20554450

Ashwell-slip end-Buntingford-Wydial-Gt Hornmead-Feneux Pellham-Manuden-Rickling Green-Henham-Debden-Newport-Wenden Ambo-Chishill-Reed-Therfield-Ashwell

Just a touch further than normal at 58 miles. Could do a cafe stop at Debden Barns if anybody knows where in Debden it is ???

See you in the morning, should be a cracking day weatherwise !

Comments

• Exciting stuff - new route and a new cafe!
    Don't know it but looks like it's along on the right at the crossroads near the barracks (where we would turn left for the route) so not much of a detour.
  • Sounds good - as an Essex County Council employee Debden is on my patch and I have definitely seen some Barns - whether I will be any help with navigation will have to be seen
  • Thanks for that David. Great route, great ride.
  • edited September 2018
    Twelve of us out this morning for a spin into deepest darkest Essex. All familiar until Furneux Pellham before we ventured into the unknown and found some of the loveliest roads in the area. Highlight was the Manuden to Hensted stretch, a gem of a road that gently rolled with not a pothole or car for miles and miles! Post Halsted it was off to Debden to find the barns. To be honest, not that hard in the end as the 10 foot high blue sign with 'Debden barns next' gave it away :) Great cafe stop though, even had a selection of pork based comestibles for those avoiding cake!

After tearing ourselfs away from the cafe sun trap, it was a quick blast back on familiar roads up and up and a bit more up to Chishill/Barkway before speedy tilt back down from Therfield.

So 60 miles @ 16 in some glorious sunshine. Thanks all for a great morning, enjoyed that !