Welcome to the forum

Calling all users of Speedplay pedals...

edited September 2018 in General
I have a pair of high-end Speedplay-specific cleat pattern Lake brand road shoes in black size 43.5 (about UK size 9.5) that I'm selling on. Little used and - unfortunately for me - I've found them to be too narrow at the toe box for my wide feet. If you'd be interested in learning more before I put them on ebay, PM me and I'll send you details to see if they'll suit you more. An opportunity to pick up a real bargain!
Cheers.

Comments

• Oh pity they are not my size - 46, as I am quite keen to give Speedplay Pedals a try.

Anyone that't out there with a pair of pedals (and shoes this size) to sell - please do let me know.

Whatever, through the club or via ebay - good luck with your sale...!
  • Thanks, John.
    But FYI, you can convert regular three hole shoes to Speedplay specific 4 hole with an adapter sold by Speedplay. I wanted to avoid that if I could. The thing about the shoes I am selling is that they're manufactured as 4 hole specific for Speedplay so no adapter is necessary. There's no "reverse" adapter (4 hole to three hole) I don't think. It's just that I found the standard width shoes too narrow for my wide feet. See http://www.speedplay.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=shoeguide.3hole
    Andy
  • Thanks for the reply Andy. Yes, I am aware of the four bolt versus three bolt situation and like you I don't like the idea of using adapter plates. An interesting link though, as prior to reading this I was not fully aware of all of the variants. Happy pedalling & thanks again...! John