Welcome to the forum

Inter club Hill Climb - Sunday 30th Sept 2018 - 10:30

edited September 2018 in Time Trial
Last Inter club event of the season. Traditionally a good event for CCA so hopefully we can get a good turn out and put in a strong performance to round off the series.

Entries via this post or direct to me.

Comments

• James, put me down for 3 minutes of groveling
  • Sign me up for 3-4 minutes of pain
  • Yes please James, I'm pleased to able to make it this year!
  • Any more takers for this as I will likely need to let Simon R know our list of entrants today?
  • Anyone know if start times will be published for tomorrow morning, and where we meet/sign on? Thanks
  • Sign on normally Chequers in Streatley. Hopefully James will put up start times.
  • Start sheet is on the Hitchin Nomads Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/hitchinnomads/

Brendan - 10.35
    Matt - 10.40
    Jenny - 11.04

It's such a shame that this clashes with the Nomads road race as we've got 4 would-be hill climbers doing that race instead. Never mind - Brendan, Matt, we may be few in number but we can certainly give it our best shot. At least with those start times I can hold the fort in 'CCA-corner' and give you a good shout as you come past!
  • Lol! 3's the magic number! Thanks Jenny, We'll be sure to return the cheering favour! See you in the morning.
  • edited September 2018
    Slightly overwhelming with the Clans of IRC, BRCC, HNCC and SNCC at car park corner, but Jenny Brendan and I did our best to keep the Ashwell end up! Brendan had a stormer with something in the 2:30s Not sure about Jenny and I, hopefully both under 3 mins. Hoping that Jenny or Brendan stayed to get the official timings....
  • What a great morning! Only 3-ish minutes of pain for hours of entertainment. Still awaiting the results, I think there was an issue so we didn't wait any longer at HQ. Hopefully they'll appear online at some point. Great riding all!
  • Well, despite our low numbers, I think we did pretty well.....

Jenny, 1st lady 2:46.9
    Brendan, 11th 2:40.2
    Matt, 19th 2:55.2

53 male entries and 12 women.

Well done team! And a special well done to Jenny, taking the win the day after another hill climb on Leith Hill.. must be the Chinese saddle and three chainring bolts!

#Full results on nomads fb... https://www.facebook.com/groups/hitchinnomads/
  • Well done the CC Ashwell heroes of the Clappers. On behalf of the club: much appreciated effort for the Interclub championship.

• It looks like Brendan's going the wrong way. Maybe he forgot something and had to double-back.
  • Just glad I took the time to make sure my wheel decals were aligned at the start!
  • Fun day out. Well done to Matt and especially Jenny - who had a huge margin of victory over the next best lady.

We need more participants and bigger support next year!