Welcome to the forum

Saturday 10th November 9.30am club ride

edited November 2018 in Club runs
West last week, so east this week. How about a doing the mini-egg but in reverse for a change?

Ashwell-Therfield-Barkway-Barley-Chishill-Wendens Ambo-Newport-Clavering-Great Hornmead-lincoln hill-Wydial-Buntingford-Sandon-Ashwell (about 45 miles)

something a bit like this: http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/2020737154

See you in the morning, should be a cracking autumn day if the forecast in right :)

Comments

• Hope to meet you in Therfield
  • Ten of us out yesterday for the Sat morning spin. Glorious November day with some early doors sunshine. Shame that the roads weren’t so glorious though, prob best described as a festival of mud !!

Also had the most random mechanical I’ve ever seen when Ryan’s rear mech just decided to fold itself in half !! Luckily we were only at Odsey at this point so it wasn’t too far to get back to base.

Bit drier under wheel for the second 1/2 of the ride & we picked up an awesome tailwind for a very rapid blast down slip end :awesome:

So final tally was 45.7 @ 16. Thanks all for a great morning, enjoy that.
  • Yeah pretty random! Had to abandon the bike at The Jester and then walk back the nearly 3 miles. At least it was a nice day for it. I certainly was not getting a lift from any passerby!! Yet to hear what the cost of the damage is and hope to be back on Saturday. Ryan
  • edited November 2018
    Thought that you might have been able to free wheel back from the Jester Ryan. Not good that you had to walk it, it’s a flippin long way especially in cleats !!
  • Yeah it was a bit of a trek. Should have got a taxi. Anyway heard back and it’s a new rear mech / mech hanger / chain / 6 spokes. £140 so I suppose could be worse!!