Welcome to the forum

Shimano 5700 105 brakes

I'm converting my old summer bike into a winter steed and would like to do some upgrades on the old kit that's on it. Brakes are the first bit that needs upgrading, but I'm struggling though to find anywhere that sells Shimano 105 brakes that are compatible with the 5700/10sp shifters on my bike.

I was wondering if anybody had a pair of 5700 105 brakes in their garage that they would like to get rid of/sell or if not, know where I could get some from? Alternatively, do any of the more mechanically minded of you out there know if I can get any other shimano brakes as an alternative or if I can use 5800 brakes with 5700 shifters ?

Thanks, David

Comments

• You can use pretty much any brakes with any shifters... it’s just a spring and a bit of wire...
  • David, i still have Sora brakes on some older generation 105 levers, they are perfectly fine. Biggest difference for me was pad choice. Decent cartridge pads made a world of difference, i use Koolstop Salmons and they are very good
  • edited November 2018
    Hi David,

I have a number of pairs of reconditioned brakes for sale, including a pair of brand new Sora brakes. Drop me a line here and I'll let you have my contact details.

Richard
  • Thanks all. Richard I've PM'd you.
  • Dave, I have a spare pair of 105 brake calipers in my shed. They're off my old summer 10 speed bike.
    You can have them for nowt.
  • Cheers Mike that's fantastic ! I'll message you to arrange a pickup.