Welcome to the forum

Saturday 12th January 2019 - 9.30am club ride

edited January 2019 in Club runs
Warm tomorrow (ok not exactly warm, but warm for mid January !!), but the wind is back :(

So let's head in a southwesterly(ish) direction tomorrow, head into Bedfordshire and (possibly) get some sort of tailwind home

Ashwell-Dunton-Langford-Mepershall-Barton-Pulloxhill-Silsoe-Upper Gravenhurst-Lower Stondon-Henlow-Ashwell (42 miles)

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/21423440

See you in the morning !

Comments

• Well, as it's going to be so warm tomorrow and i've got round to winterizing my bike, i think i'll join you in the morning.
  • Thanks David, that sounds like a good plan. I need to be in Biggleswade after the ride, so I'll peel off at Langford on the way back.
  • edited January 2019
    Bumper turnout this morning - must have been the promise of some warm weather. Brian was even wearing shorts, ok it was mild, but shorts weather , urm no !

Headed off and decided to chance Northfields road after it’s couple of years ban on the club ride. Well it’s still banned, not only cos its overly filthy but now it’s got some sort of extreme camber down half it it. Best avoided at all costs :)

Post Northfields we got some unforecasted drizzle and then some rain, for about an hour. I’ll be writting a strong letter to Thomas Shafanacker at the Met office as this wasn’t mentioned at all in his bulletin. Still at least it was warm drizzle! So onwards we headed in Bedfordshire & up my new favourite hill at Pulloxhill before we headed back for home via Stondon & Henlow with a cracking tailwind. Stuff had even stopped falling from the sky at this point - hurrah !

So back into Ashwell with 42 on the clock at 15.5. Thanks all, great morning all round.

Oh and we mustn’t forget to get Alan some elastic for his hankie next week ;)