Welcome to the forum

Saturday 16th Feb 9.30am club ride - it's spring !

After a couple of weeks of challenging weather, looks like spring has arrived early :)

So lets ditch some of those winter layers, and do a bit of a version of the mini-egg

Ashwell-Buntingford-Wydial-Anstey-Roast Green-Clavering-Newport-Webden Ambo-Gt Chishill-Barley-Newsells-Reed-Ashwell (46 miles)

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/22534699

See you in the morning !

Comments

• I've got family stuff up north so will miss out this week. Enjoy the good weather
  • Sounds good David, does look like it's going to be pretty warm tomorrow. Looks like you'll need to keep that bike after all, there's a new 'between Winter and Spring bike' category!
  • Sounds like a great route David. I feel sure at all points of this ride I will either be too cold or too hot.

If the weather's feeling nice I may decide to make the most of it and do the Full Egg.
  • Surely I need a whole new bike for those tricky between season rides; and also a support car for the extra bits of kit that are divested during the ride :)

• edited February 2019
    Great turnout this morning for the mini egg ride. Think we might have been slightly mis sold by the weather forecasters though as it was spring-ish in a mild(ish) and low cloud sort of way. Still, can’t complain as it was miles better that either ice or storm Erik.

Pretty much followed the above route to the letter & even added in a tasty Strava segment sprint mid ride. We also found out that:

1. My brain and hand signals aren’t at all connected when it comes to left and right :anguished:

2. The route I mapped back from Clavering/Newport back to Ashwell might have been the shortest in miles but had the most vertical feet of climbing that I think it’s possible to get around here - whoops ;)

3. It’s not spring.......yet

So a final tally of about 50 miles @ around 15.5

Thanks all, enjoyed that. Cracking route and great company. Can’t wait till real spring arrives !!