Welcome to the forum

Happy Christmas-Boxing Day ride?

edited December 2010 in General
All the best everyone!!

in theory is there a boxing day ride? going stir crazy

help!!!!

Comments

• Merry Christmas to you too, Chris.
    I've had terrible man flu this past month, still recovering so won't be out - know what you mean about going stir crazy though!!!
    Have a good 'un.
    Greg
  • I suppose it depends on the weather..DOH!!!!!!! how about we try for 10am at the cemetery if fine
  • cheers Greg

man flu is a bad thing!

take care and see you soon mate.

crimbo
  • had a quick cold spin today. roads good. the sun helped.

will pitch up for 10 am

comfortably numb at mo!
  • i am going to be doing a cyclo-cross - MTB ride on boxing day. not sure when everyone plans to start so i am going to suggest 9.30am by the cemetery but will check in later and will go with the flow between 8.30 - 10am start. I suggest 9.30am so we can get 2 to 2.5 hours in before noon. Happy to organise the route around tour of cornfields or to go with another route.
    Chris if you are planning off road 10am would be fine.
    Will check in around 10pm to see what the final off road plan is.
    Merry Christmas all.
  • Vince- i dont do off road!

was going with the 10 am geoff idea cos it may be warmer (ha!)

and i will be slightly less hungover

all the best
  • it's going to be cold tomorrow...I'll turn up at ten and see who else is bonkers!!!!!!!!! don't do off-road so it's main salted roads or nothing.hope everyone is enjoying themselves.....need to get rid of some alcohol from the system!!!!!!!!
  • Just spoken with James Davis and we will be hosting an
    off-road ride also at 10am at the cemetery.

So folks can choose either road or off-road and meet up for a quick Xmas faff and natter at the start.
    Best regards to all.
  • so where was everyone??? 5 met and hope Vincent and James met up....Chris.Vic,Peter and I had a really nice brisk ride...roads fine where we strayed and a 33 mile run later we welcomed our return to Ashwell to warm up.....great way to work off the food and drink...see you all wednesday for a bob ride......
  • nice one Geoff

i took longer to thaw out than a massive turkey!

anyone fancy freezing tomo?
  • It was -5 when I drove over to Ashwell and still -1 at 1pm!

Vince and I went xc to Radwell and did the Greenway then rode back to base for some warming ale in the club house.

Beautiful day and only felt the cold when we came back on the road from Baldock. The wind chill was immense. Hats off to those who did it all on the road and thanks Vince for the pint!