Welcome to the forum

Cheap wheelset

I need a new wheelset for my winter bike. I have previously had Shimano R500 which last about 2 years before the bearings go. But as they cost less than £80 for the pair, can't complain.

Looking at either Fulcrum Racing Sports or Miche Excited. Does anyone have any experience with either??

Comments

• I’ve had several pairs of wheels from Superstar Components over the years at very low price and light weight. And if you use the code AUGUSTBANK this weekend you’ll get 35% (!) off.

So these wheels, for example, end up at £97: https://www.superstarcomponents.com/en/road-2-heavy-duty-clearance-wheelsets.htm Maybe worth considering alongside the Fulcrum and Miche wheels.

Mark F
  • Fulcrum racing 7s - bombproof and super smooth bearings. Mine have done about 3 winters and still looking good,
  • I’ve been intrigued by those superstar components wheels for ages. Their wide rims sound spot on, that seems to be the current trend. Have to say that the wider rimmed Novatec and Bontrager wheels I’ve had in the past are a hell of a lot more comfy to ride if your bike has the clearance for it. Didn’t really notice any dip in speed either...
  • I have a set of Stans Grail from superstar and they have been great seen many a pothole and winter riding.... they offer lifetime truing as well, not sure if it would be worth the P&P though.