Welcome to the forum

Joining a race team

The time has come for me to find a different way of road racing. It’s been really hard as the only female CCA road racer, and I’m at the point where I need to race alongside others in order to continue developing.

I’m going to be riding for the 1904 race team in 2020. This was a brand new team last season, emerging out of the Norwood Paragon cycling club (near Reigate in Surrey). We’ll be targeting the Women’s Team Series races, as well as some national level races too. This feels like a really big step, but one which will give me wider opportunities, and the chance to be pushed by racing with some brilliant riders.

CCA has so much good stuff that goes on and such strength across the club. I hope that as a second claim member I’ll still be able to join in lots of it and I’ll certainly keep up the Tootle ladies rides.

Thank you to everyone at CCA for all the encouragement and advice, you’ve certainly got a huge wealth of knowledge between you!

Comments

• Hi Jenny, This is not altogether a surprise, but still a bittersweet post to read and digest. Having noticed your progression over the few years I've been involved with the Club it seems like the right time for you to fledge this particular nest. Wishing you All the Best...and I hope we can tempt you into the odd Inter Club outing in the future! :-)
  • Good luck with your new team Jenny. You have contributed an enormous amount to this club and we are enormously grateful. Thank you.

"You can leave CCA, but CCA never really leaves you"!

I look forward to seeing you at races, training sessions and socials in the future!
  • Congrats Jenny, you've earned this and you should go for this opportunity no doubt.

Hopefully you can join us for grass track and inter club TT's alongside the tootle rides and your racing schedule :)
  • Congratulations Jenny.
  • Well done Jenny. I'm really excited to see how far you will go with this team. They seem like a really nice bunch. Get the team to the Tour of Malta 2020!
  • Thanks for the kind words. It looks as though I'll be able to continue to ride cyclocross for CCA, which as you can tell from the other threads on the forum, is absolutely excellent.

And yes Martin, I've already told the new team about Tour ta Malta, and they (especially our friend Mathilde) seem keen!
  • Congratulations Jenny! That’s great news. 1904RT seem like a really nice bunch, very active and positive. You’ll have a great time riding with them.

It’ll be good to see you at all the usual CCA stuff too if you’re around, I’ll expect you’ll be riding the primavera!

Your input to the club has been highly valued over the last few years and you’ll always be more than welcome back here!
  • Best of luck Jenny. I hope it goes well for you.
  • Go for it Jenny!
  • Best of luck Jenny.
    rob
  • Fantastic opportunity!! Excited to see how it alters the way you race. Exciting times.
  • Great stuff Jenny...you’ve got something extra...go for it!!!
  • Late to wish you all the best Jenny. Congratulations and good luck. Always welcome up here in sunny durham.