Welcome to the forum

Saturday 25th January 9.30am club ride

Mild, with some light cloud and a gentle breeze forecast for tomorrow morning.......more global warming January weather then :)

How about we have another crack at the infamous Arkensden hypothermia ride that we tried in November. Has to be better than the last time we tried it !!

Ashwell-Barkway-Nuthamsted-Meesden-Lower Langley Green-Littlebury Green-Arkesden-Clavering-Gt Hornmead-Buntingford-Sandon-Ashwell (45 miles)

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/29417691

See you in the morning

Comments

• Thanks David, I'm hoping to be out in the morning. Let's hope the freezing rain and gale force arctic winds stay away this time!
  • Much as I'd love to do that route again in non-Arctic conditions, I'm afraid I won't be out for some time, as I stupidly managed to break my leg while on holiday earlier this week (slipped on some ice in Iceland - the country not the supermarket! - the clue is in the name).
    It's not too bad, a minor fracture, and I can hobble around as they do want me to start putting some weight on it, but cycling will be out of the question for probably 4-6 weeks at least :-(
  • Oh no! Sorry to hear that Tim, what bad luck. Hope you heal quickly.
  • BLIMEY...what rotten luck Tim....hope it repairs quickly. All the best DnS.
  • Thanks guys. Dave - yes 'DNS' is going to sum me up for a while!
  • Oh no! Sorry to hear that Tim - who’d thought that walking would be more hazardous than cycling, I hope it didn’t ruin the rest of your hols. Give us a shout if you need anything or any company/visitors :)
  • First thought - Tim, I hope hobbling leads to walking and then cycling very soon. Second thought - who's leading out now Tim's not there?
  • Oh dear Tim, that doesn’t sound good. Good luck with the hobbling and heal quickly !
  • Oh no Tim sorry to hear that. Hope to see you out soon.
  • we will miss your big engine up front Tim, hoping for a speedy recovery all the best Tim
  • Thanks again all, enjoy the ride today.
  • edited January 2020
    Eight of us out this morning for the spin into Essex. Great route, pretty rolling and the long lane climb up to Arkensden is just splendid. Cracking weather for January too, mild and dry. Would have almost been perfect apart from:

Mud, mud, mud, mud, mud, mud, mud and then a bit more mud thrown in for good measure !!! If we had ridden across a field rather than being on a country lane we would have been none the wiser. Don’t bother with entering cyclecross races, just head off into Essex and pick a random lane to slither along!

So 45 rather dirty miles @ a very civilised winter club run pace. Thanks all enjoyed that this morning. We did all miss Tim’s big engine though :(