Welcome to the forum

***HARD RIDERS 25 (F14/25) 22nd March 2020; CANCELLED - See Post for details***

edited March 2020 in Time Trial
Sun's out, guns out?!

Announcing the opening of the TT Season with a good, hard smash around the F14/25, that is 25 miles. A pic of the course is shown below: if you are unfamiliar with it, the start is up near the Wrestlingworth crossroads.

HQ is the Guilden Morden VH, which will open for signing on from approximately 08.15.£5 non-members; £4 for 1st claim CCA members and non-member Juniors/Youth; £3 CCA member Juniors/Youth.

As a reminder, a new Cycling Time Trials (CTT) Regulation 14(i) requires Compulsory Use of a working Red Rear Light (flashing or steady). NO LIGHT, NO RIDE. See CTT Guidance Note No. 24 HERE.

For Youth/Junior riders (under 18), we will need a signed Parent/Guardian consent form to compete - one form covers the whole season. This can be found HERE. However, NO FORM, NO RIDE. However, we only need one form on file to cover the whole season, not one form per ride. So, once the form is with us, you're sorted! :-)

Helper? Please sign up below on the linked poll in Excel (Doodle Poll now charges a monthly rate), so please add your name and put a green box in where you can help (highlight the cell then use the "pouring paint-pot" icon in the header). I should be able to bring my son along as timekeeper if I push off, so we need at least two more to marshal the turn onto A1198 - this an important role - and the Wimpole Roundabout turn. REMEMBER: If you plan to compete in the season-long competitions this year, you will be required to help out a minimum of twice. Here's your first opportunity! :-)
HELPERS
This event will be the first opportunity to christen the recently awarded CCA Clubman Trophy - a Decanter, seen below with its intended first contents, Inverey single malt and, if that goes, some Black Bush single malt, to warm the cockles after a cold morning out marshalling or riding in lycra image

See you there!

Comments

• Andy, I couldn't add my name to the 'helpers' spreadsheet. I am available to help for the hard riders 25tt on the 22nd March.
  • Terrific! Thanks ever so, Steve. See you at the Guilden Morden VH around 8.15? Thanks.
  • unfortunately ill be working. Have a good race.
  • Are we still running the 25 TT this Sunday
  • edited March 2020
    Hi Folks. It may come as no surprise to you in this fast-moving situation of the Coronavirus pandemic that we have decided to CANCEL the first event of our TT calendar, the Hard Riders 25. In particular, the new UK Government advice on the evening of Monday 16th March 2020 tipped the scales in that it discourages "all non-essential social contact".

You may see on various channels, such as CTT https://cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/articles/view/535 ways in which it may be possible to put on TTs going forward. However, this advice was published on Monday shortly before the UK Government's announcement mentioned above and so even this advice may be subject to further change.

But at this time, we feel that it is a sensible and responsible response while we all settle in to our new reality that we cancel this event, pause for thought and use the next month or so to decide what TT calendar it is possible to put on in 2020. One possibility that we are looking into is a Club Zwift-based TT - stay posted for news on that! :-)

For the meantime, stay well! :-)

• Please note: the 16th March post from CTT in my post of 12:33 PM today (17th March 2020) has been superseded by a CTT post of 17th March https://cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/articles/view/537 that all CTT events are suspended with immediate effect up to and including Sunday 31 May 2020. Please also see our Chair's Forum post here https://forum.ccashwell.co.uk/discussion/7958/update-on-covid-19-and-club-activities#latest