Welcome to the forum

Chaingang - Tues 4th August 7.30pm Ashwell

Hi all

If anyone fancies a chaingang effort Tuesday evening, 4th August, I will see you at Ashwell (Three Tuns) at 7.30pm, or at Steeple Morden church/pub 7.35pm just before the lap start.

I will try and get three laps in (27 miles) before it's gets too dark.

We rotate anti-clockwise. Keep things smooth and avoid surging or blowing up to try and stick together. If you're suffering, stay off the front and have a breather for as long as you like.

If there's less that 4 of us, it's probably better making it a TTT instead of a chain. If there's more than 6 of us, we will split into two groups as per BC guidelines. I don't mind be billy no-mates if 7 turn up!

Anyone attending: please put your name in this forum thread for tracing purposes.

Lap map:
https://www.bikemap.net/en/r/996158/

What it was like 2 years ago…

Comments

• Adam & Mark are keen thanks Martin.
  • Great!/Yikes! in equal amounts. Let them know they don't have to go into that 'Welwyn chaingang 6th gear' if they want to show an old man some mercy...

Looking forward to it.
  • I'm up for it. Hope I manage to hold on for at least one lap!
  • I’ll be there Martin, cheers.
  • Great. That's 5 of us. Can I suggest we have a 'no one gets dropped' peace treaty for at least 1 lap. Though I'm confident we'll all be fine.
  • I might try...haven’t done intensity for a while so not sure how long I will last
  • Hi Martin
    I’d like to ride (Just for the social aspect) but I’ll just hold a good distance off the back as it’s now over 6 people (and I’m not yet subbed up so take 0 priority!!)

Will no doubt not be able to keep up with no draft but it’s a good excuse to get on the bike nonetheless :)
  • I was thinking of popping down so we can perhaps split into 2 groups, will see how I feel later
  • I'll be there.
  • Great. That's 9. Yes: I'm thinking two groups of 4 and 5 now.

It would be great if at least one more turned up to make two groups of 5.....
  • The road at Bassingbourn is blocked by roadworks outside the Belle pub. There is a diversion route around residential streets and while it is only a few hundred yards long, you will have to slow right down to get through it. It's too narrow and with too many parked cars to ride fast.

I think you're either going to have to ride with this neutralised section or find an alternative route.
  • Cheers Peter - neutralised section noted. I'll let everyone know.