Welcome to the forum

Chaingang, Tues 11 Aug 2020, 7.15pm

edited August 2020 in Chain gangs
Hi all

Next chaingang is Tues 11 Aug a bit earlier than usual to try and sneak 3 laps (27 miles) in before dark.

7.15pm departing Ashwell (Three Tuns).
7.20pm departing Steeple Morden church/pub for the start.

Last night, we thought it would be great to aim for 12 people: two groups of six.

Usual details:

We rotate the chain anti-clockwise. Keep things smooth and avoid surging or blowing up to try and stick together. If you're suffering, stay off the front and have a breather for as long as you like.

If there's less than 4, it's probably better making it a TTT instead of a chain. If there's more than 6, we will split into two groups as per BC/COVID guidelines.

Anyone attending: please put your name in this forum thread for tracing purposes.

All welcome. CCA members or not.

Lap map:
https://www.bikemap.net/en/r/996158/

Comments

• Hi. Bringing to the top. For this Tuesday evening 7.15pm.
  • Will be coming over tomorrow night
  • Hi all. Bringing this to the top... this Tuesday evening 7.15pm at Ashwell - or around 5 mins later at Steeple Morden start.

Lap 1 - no one gets dropped policy. I'll be aiming for 3 laps and should be doable despite the nights drawing in now.

I hope to see you there. Martin 07977652247
  • My friend Richard is a possible. Sam D too for some of it.

Perfect heat training for tomorrow's Club TT and off-road group ride...

All good here, but they could be closer together to maximise aero-efficiency.
  • I'm tempted Martin, looks too good out there to be Zwift racing this evening. I like the idea that we stick together for at least 1 lap.
  • I'm in Martin. I'll be riding over and back, so will attempt to hang on for one lap before the solo ride of doom home.
  • Thanks for waiting for me Martin, I really enjoyed that. 1 lap was enough for me though, need to save something for tomorrows effort.
  • lovely video.....thanks for that...
  • 6 out and the fastest three laps of the summer... I think two more chaingangs to go. See you next Tues, 7.15pm Ashwell Three Tuns, or Steeple Morden church a few mins later.

• edited August 2020
  • You could have cut out the bit of me saying I'm giving up :-)