Welcome to the forum

Wednesday 09Jun21 - Solo 25TT - First off 19.01; Sign on at GMVH from about 18.15

edited June 2021 in Time Trial
Hi All,

We have a short break in the 10 schedule to offer a 25 on the F14/25 course. If you've never ridden a 25 before, this is a great way to give it a go in a supportive Club setting, rather than a perhaps more daunting Open event. I attach a link below on pacing.

I have been in touch with the Hitchin Nomads organiser and I'm fairly sure that this event will go ahead. Thanks to Al and Steve M for offering your help. Gratefully accepted! :-) At this time Nomads are looking to provide the two Timekeepers, so all will be confirmed ASAP.

If you don't know the course, the start is up at the finish of the Wrestlingworth there-and-back 10TT. You then proceed to ride the Footdown 10 course BUT instead of turning left at Damnation Alley short of Wendy, you actually ride straight through Wendy to turn left at the junction with the A1198, turn left to the roundabout, then ride as if riding the return leg of the Wrestlingworth 10. You ride the circuit twice and finish where we start the Footdown 10. Please take care entering the A1198. There is a leaking manhole cover that's been there for years and the road surface on the short slip road is awful. The turn will be marshalled, but please take particular care here; the road is National speed limit, though cars should be slowing to the roundabout ahead. Any questions, please shout.

As Nomads are organising, we need to use their sign-on system etc. Please see the Nomads website announcement here. The key organisation points are as follows:
- Pre entry required via FaceBook – so we can do start sheet and help keep Timekeeper socially distanced.
- £5 paid on the day. No change available
- 30 rider maximum field
- Paper numbers will be used and do not need to be returned.
A link to the Nomads FaceBook page is here.

For first timers, the link to an article on pacing a 25 is here (there are others out there too).

Cheers!

Comments

• Hi All,

As those of you on the InterClub WhatsApp group will be aware, we've now managed to iron out a wrinkle so that CCA is now installed as the organising club for this 25TT, taking over from Hitchin Nomads, who were unable to provide all the necessary helpers etc. I thank our colleagues at Nomads for assisting me with some of the admin to get this change done.

So, fees are as per normal; HQ is the Guilden Morden Village Hall, Guest riders welcome etc.

However, this puts CCA in the position of needing to provide ALL of the Marshals to meet the Risk Assessment standard for the event. I have two already, Al and Steve M, but I need two more please. Thanks.

So far, I have the following riders who wish to ride:
    R. Bumstead
    R. Buky
    M. Lawless
    B. Ronayne
    M. Young
    Any more for any more?

• Can you add me to ride please - John Curtin HNCC/CCA
  • Please add James McPherson HNCC
  • Can you add me please?
  • And Claire Duguid please @Nunnster
  • Runners and riders:
    R. Bumstead
    R. Buky
    M. Lawless
    B. Ronayne
    M. Young
    J. Curtin
    J. McPherson (HNCC)
    S. Douglas (Meridian Tri)
    C. Duguid (Meridian Tri)
    I'll work up a start list and post it here.
  • Can you add me please?
  • Nice to hear from you, Jason. Yes, of course.
    R. Bumstead
    R. Buky
    M. Lawless
    B. Ronayne
    M. Young
    J. Curtin
    J. McPherson (HNCC)
    C. Duguid (Meridian Tri)
    J. Stuart
  • Can you add me to the rider list also please.
  • R. Bumstead
    R. Buky
    M. Lawless
    B. Ronayne (doubtful)
    M. Young
    J. Curtin
    J. McPherson (HNCC)
    C. Duguid (Meridian Tri)
    J. Stuart
    G. Askew
  • Hi - can you add me to the list please? How do I pay - is it still £5 on the eve?
  • Hi Chris,
    Great to have you ride. CCA members are £4, guests etc. £5. I’ve started taking cash on the evening again with “opening up”, but one of the two TT season announcement posts on this Forum has the CCA bank account no. if you’d prefer to pay by BACS.

I’ll post a start sheet this evening.
  • Andy, if you need another helper, I can be available...
  • Hi Matt,
    Yes, I'll take you up on your offer. Thanks! See you there about 6.30 p.m. Ta!
  • Start List:
    1. R. Bumstead - Start Time 19.01
    2. S. Douglas (Meridian Tri) - 19.02
    3. J. Curtin - 19.03
    4. J. McPherson (HNCC) - 19.04
    5. R. Buky - 19.05
    6. G. Askew - 19.06
    7. C. Lynch - 19.07
    8. M. Lawless - 19.08
    9. J. Stuart - 19.09
    10. M. Young - 19.10
    11. B. Ronayne - 19.11
  • edited June 2021
    Just paid.
  • edited June 2021
    Tonight's results (CCA unless indicated):
    1. M. Young 56.22
    2. J. Stuart 56.55
    3. R. Buky 1.00.17
    4. M. Lawless 1.01.13
    5. J. McPherson (HNCC) 1.01.31
    6. J. Curtin 1.03.09
    7. R. Bumstead 1.08.36
    8. S. Douglas (Meridian Tri) 1.09.57
    9. P. Thornton (PTT) 1.12.30
    10. G. Askew DNF
    DNS(A) C. Lynch
    Particular thanks to our helpers tonight, who were - in no particular order - Matt S, Steve M, Stephen O, Jon B. and Al M. Terrific job!
  • Many thanks to all of the organisers of the TT tonight. It was good to see a few more CCA members other than those on the Wednesday day rides & those in the world of Zwift. Apologies also to Steve Douglas too for his ex-bike overtaking him!
  • Well done to all who rode, there was some blistering fast times.
  • Thanks to everyone who marshalled and made the event possible. 6 of you helping 10 riders is a massive commitment and very much appreciated. Particular thanks also to Andy for sorting out all the admin to even enable the event to happen.
  • Thanks Rob. You’re too kind...
  • A few pics...