Welcome to the forum

Wednesday 07Jul21 - 9th CCA Club 10TT - Footdown Course - Cancelled: Traffic Lights

edited July 2021 in Time Trial
Hi All,

Well this is slightly awks! The England match kicks off at 8.00 p.m. but I have one helper offered (thank you Georgie) so I'm prepared to run the event of a skeleton staff on the understanding that once we're done we can get off back home ASAP. If we're all OK with that, my understanding is that at least the following plan to ride.
E. Koppe
M. Young
B. Ronayne
A. McLeish
Remember, anyone wanting to qualify for a season-long competitions will need to offer two "helps" across the season and I don't want 10 all turning up on the last event of the season please! :-) - see a separate post on that elsewhere on the Forum. So, if there are few starters, you'll get a help in and be away swiftly. Think it over. Ta.

Comments

• Thomas is threatening to come and ride.
    Bike is still in full blown gravel mode ( even smaller chainring and fat tyres ) but he seems keen. I can help if he’s rides.
  • Thanks Robert, That would be helpful!
  • I would like to ride but if needed I can help
    rob
  • E. Koppe
    M. Young
    B. Ronayne
    A. McLeish
    R. Bumstead
    T. Ayers?
  • Jon and I will ride.
    Neither of us give a toss about football.
  • E. Koppe
    M. Young
    B. Ronayne
    A. McLeish
    R. Bumstead
    T. Ayers?
    S. Orriss
    J. Bard
  • For those that want to (me at least! 😊), so I can get off to see the match as soon as possible, I’ll be going off to collect the signs immediately after the final racer finishes. I’ll post the results on Twitter and the Inter Club Whats App group and - later - on this Forum thread. So I won’t be bringing the time sheet back to the VH immediately after the ride.

Thanks for your understanding!
  • Disappointingly, pop-up traffic lights with single lane on the first corner of the footdown course were installed this evening just before the race. Following a brief discussion amongst the riders, we decided to cancel rather than run a non-competition shortened course.

Ho-hum! See you all next week.
  • Hope to see you next week