Welcome to the forum

Beds Road CC Reliability Rides: Sundays 13th and 27th Feb

edited January 2011 in General
Hello CCA riders -

See below - I've received notice from Beds Road CC about their upcoming reliability rides in February. A great way to assess your early season form and assess your racing chances! I've done one before and hope to go for one of the longer ones this year. It's a good way to see the best lanes around Bedford too.

One option is to ride over to the start [Cardington] and back for a shorter one.

---

Hello,

I'm wondering if it would be possible to circulate this around your members, or consider adding our reliability rides to your programme of club events?

Beds Road CC will once again be hosting our two annual reliability rides, taking in the best of Bedfordshire countryside. This years rides will take place on [Sundays] 13th & 27th February 2011.

Rides are as follows:

Ride 1, 13th Feb:
Long route - 59 miles starting at 9.45am - Route map
Short route - 44 miles starting at 10am

Ride 2, 27th Feb:
Long route - 70 miles starting at 9.15am - Route map (subject to very slight change due to opening of new A421 dual carriageway)
Short route - 51 miles starting at 9.30am - Route map (subject to very slight change due to opening of new A421 dual carriageway)

All routes set off from our club house in Cardington -
Bedfordshire Road Cycling Club
The Parish Room
Southill Road
Cardington
Bedford
MK44 3SX

There's a small fee of £4 for taking part in each ride. Please arrive in good time to sign on for the rides.

We look forward to seeing you.

Kind Regards,

Paul Holmes
BRCC Communications Secretary

E-mail: comms@bedsroad.org

Comments

• Nice one!

I am up for both- a chance for the Blue Train(s) to make a show

Maybe we could have a medium, and inbetwwener 'team' depending on numbers, rather than just indie riding?

COME ON!
  • these reliability trials turn into brutal sessions, just finishing in the front group is an achievement!! Usually the pace winds up and the final climb before great barford (wilden?) sees a selection....
  • These rides are tough but fun whilst you can hang on!
  • Chris: I'm aiming to do at least the long route one on 13th Feb - so hopefully see you there.

I plan to wear a tin hat and hide in the forward peloton for as long as possible. Maybe we could link up once spat out and pick up a gruppetto with a few others thereafty.

I'll likely drive over. I can take 2 others + bikes if others interested.
  • i'll be thinking of you while I race round the Cape on that day :-))))))
  • Martin- count me in

can i share lift too please?
  • No problem. I should be able to confirm I'm on for it next week.

I can take one more rider and bike...
  • Getting this discussion to the top again.

Next Sunday. 9.45am start at Cardington.

I can fit one more rider+bike in the car...

It'd be nice to have a Blue Train going....
  • I don't think the 50 mile one is too bad depending on who turns up, but stay off the front for the first 40 miles and pay attention on any hills in the run in. usually theres a few from Luton that set the pace, I'm happy to finish with the front group and thats hard enough!
  • Cheers Andr
  • perfect!

greg is giving it a miss, so we are two

only got summer ashwell top so may not be blue!

sg18 2ej. number 120 high street
  • would it be wise to leave tad earlier to wake/warm up?!
  • no problem Chris...Tim has stock of warmer stuff I think.
  • Ok Chris - 8.15? see you then

by the way - you live at sg19 2ej

sg18 2ej is a field near Biggleswade.

Unless....
  • truth will out in the end Chris.
  • Is that you Geoff? Or has Yoda logged on in your name?

Ride we will.
  • Mighty vexed i am. Pink ticket for Cardington battle been withdrawn it has. Must be back at base by 12.30 or dark forces will be unleashed they will.
  • dark forces indeed.....a cold bug I have.......joining you I will not be...the force be with you
  • This looks a good one. And I think I have a pass for this Sunday.
  • good lad!

think we got 6 on it.

i may not be on your express train but will hang on in 2nd class as long as i can mate.

martin got room for one more in his car i think
  • Guy's, Count me in - no footy this weekend...

I will have raced on the Saturday so may well join those in 2nd class.

Cheers.
  • My car full then.
    Chris - see you 8am.
    MC - see you 8.30am. Text me your house no. and postcode.

Looks like we'll have a few there.
  • Is anyone from the 'Club' ride standard going to do this? I am interested in the short route at moderate pace (just starting my comeback after winter lay-off!)
  • Yes. Am a deffo. Thinking the 70m ride at 9.15? What ya reckon...
  • robbie- this week is 59m @ 9.45am-you looking at next one there!

john- there are a couple of us club level there. all on the 59 job, but not at robbie's pace for long , so come along
  • Oh yes. Being thick. Had that pointed out by MC on the train. We can work as a group. There's enough of us. I've done a few reliability rides before in the first group and eventually been thrown out of the back.