Welcome to the forum

CCA Hill Climb Championship - Sunday, 3rd October - Chalk Hills/Hatch Lane - First-off 09:31

edited September 2021 in Time Trial
Bringing this back to the top…

Our traditional TT season-ender. CCA and guest riders welcome. 1st claim CCA compete for CCA Champs (Lady’s and Gent’s). Cash on the day or BACS transfer to the CCA bank account (please shout if you need details). Sign-on from about 9.00 am at the bottom of the climb.

I’m looking for at least one helper please and preferably 2-3. We’ve had a request for a pusher-off to avoid clip-in anxiety, which can be done Covid-safely now, I think, if the pusher holds the seat from behind. Apply within.

Please post here if any questions.

Comments

• how much? Usual £4?
  • Yup. £4 for CCA members, £3 CCA youth, £5 guests.
  • Hi Andy, would it be possible to have an early start time? Need to get back to royston for kids football KO at 10:30!!
  • Sure Matt, how does no. 1 sound 😊
  • Is it still on tomorrow? If so, I can ride
  • Yes, still on Chris. Seen you there!
  • Arrgh, I just missed out on a podium spot! Thanks to Andy, Lillie and Dave
  • edited November 2021
    Hi All,

OK, on a decent morning for hill climbing, four intrepid contestants lined up to contest the Mens' CCA Hill Climb Championships (no ladies or yoof entered). In the end, Mr. Lynch carried over his excellent form from last weekend's Inter Club Hill Climb (see separate report) to take the title ahead of the preceding two years' winner, Mr. Palmer.

All CCA:
    1. C. Lynch* 2.19
    2. M. Palmer 2.32
    3. M. Lawless 2.45
    4. M. Scales 2.51
    *2021 CCA Mens' Hill Climb Champion.

I am indebted to David M. and Lillie S. for turning out to help. Many thanks.

We'll have another think amongst the Committee as to where to position the CCA Hill Climb Champs in the calendar to avoid unfortunate clashes with the the CX racing season that starts in September each year. More on that soon.