Welcome to the forum

Inter Club Hill Climb - Sunday, 26th September - Sharpenhoe Clappers - First-off 10.01

Hi All,

CCA has built up a healthy lead in the Inter Club comp in 2021. Let's bring this baby home in customary stylee with a Team win in this event! I assume that SNCC will ask to use Bedfiord Road's on-line booking system, but I'll confirm. For now, please let me know if you're interested. Who's with me (I take the liberty of including below those who have already expressed an interest)?
L. Swan
M. Palmer
B. Ronayne
A. Nunn

Comments

• Bringing this back to the top. Who’s up to defend our title?
  • Sorry - now not around that day. It would be great to be there to see us officially win the title.

I suggest any club riding that day could go over to help cheer riders on?

Good luck all!
  • I've signed up.
  • Entered, thanks.
  • Me and Ellie in
  • Have just entered too, as a complete hill climb novice - blame Adam!
  • edited September 2021
    Based on today's display at MK you will be fine Geoff!
  • Haha
    The mindset was "get it over with!"
  • Your Team:
    L. Swan
    A. Swan
    M. Palmer
    A. Nunn
    C. Lynch
    E. Mitchinson
    D. Mitchinson
    G. Ewen
    G. Askew
    A. Bracewell
    Any more for any more? Entries close Friday night.

Entry £5, sign on is at a gazebo at The Chequers pub, Streatley LU3 3PS. Toiletting is "believed" to be available at The Chequers, though they were flakey enough to gazump SNCC's booking of the pub for sign-on so cannot be guaranteed.

If you prefer an early or a later start, please let me know.

Covid safety-consious spectators welcome!

• edited September 2021
    Your Team:
    L. Swan
    A. Swan
    M. Palmer
    A. Nunn
    C. Lynch
    E. Mitchinson
    D. Mitchinson
    G. Ewen
    G. Askew
    A. Bracewell
    S. Daniels
    S. Messina
    C. Potter
  • Hi All,
    I don’t have immediate access to a desk top PC to provide a link to a start list on my google drive, but I’ve sent the start list to the Inter Club TT WhatsApp group and forwarded to a couple more. If I’ve missed anyone who is riding, apologies. But shout me here and I’ll forward the details on.
    Cheers!
  • A brief update with full report to follow, but you’ll be delighted to hear that we won the HC overall and with it have retained our Inter Club Champions trophy!
  • Well done climbers and to all who contributed to the IC.
  • With apologies for the extreme delay in reporting on the event to the Forum, this to confirm that your CCA team performed excellently in this, the final round of the Inter Club series, winning the event on the day and - it should soon be confimed with the agreement of the other clubs' organisers - CCA's retention of the Inter Club trophy in 2021.

Mild conditions, hardly any wind and watery sunshine shone down on the contestants as they ascended to the car park to be greeted by the shouts, cow-bells and encouragement of team mates. CCA once again put in an dominant performance to win both the womens' and mens' competitions, in the form of Lillie S. and (jointly) CCAs Chris L. and Adam S. CCA youth shone bright with Sam D. - prior to that afternoon's CX race - put in a blistering climb for a close third to our two mens' winners, Archie B. came close to breaking 3 minutes for the climb and Ellie M. was third in the ladies' comp. In the mens' comp, CCA took 5 of the top six places with Matt P. and Salvo M. also impressing. An Lillie deserves a special mention because, as you look over the timings below, you'll note that she 6th fastest on the hill that day, men and women combined. Wow! Bravo! :-)

I'd also like to thank Geoff E. who put in a cracking ride at his first attempt and who, like Sam D. would later head off to ride in a CX race. Chris P. broke the 3 minute barrier too. Graham A. and I battled hard and took points off the other teams.

The full list of times were as follows:

Ladies:
    1. Lillie S. 2.43
    3. Ellie M. 3.12
    Mens:
    1.= Adam S. 2.25
    1.= C. Lynch 2.25
    3. Sam D. 2.27
    5. Matt P. 2.40
    6. Salvo M. 2.49
    11=. Geoff E. 2.59
    11=. Chris P. 2.59
    13. Archie B. 3.02
    17. Graham A. 3.11
    21. Andy N. 3.17
    I'll wrap-up the 2021 Inter Club racing year when the Club reps agree the results. More on that soon.
  • Thanks Andy, I really enjoyed it, both the taking part and the yelling!